Red lights 《七》

Time Skip

Jeong Hoon's POV

Min Joon: "It's getting late, should you be heading home?"

I sighed. He's right. I have been procrastinating for the past eight hours struggling to find a way to confess to him.

I have to go home soon or else my parents are about to let me have no home.

I can maybe stay with Min Joon then. No I can't. I can't burden Min Joon that way.

Min Joon attempts to break me off my delusions.

Min Joon: "You okay there?"

"Of course, why won't I be okay?"

Min Joon: "You were staring into space and giggling like a mad person."

"I'm- I'm not mad."

Min Joon: "Well you seem like that."

I pretended to give some excuse.

"There was a bird up in the sky and it flew and flew and flew and flew..." I trailed off, gesturing with my hands to demonstrate what I was 'daydreaming' about.

Min Joon looks at me worriedly.

Min Joon: "I must have added the wrong sauce into the food. Let me get some medicine."

"No, no, sit down. Actually I want to talk to you."

Min Joon: "What about?"

I tried to find the words to tell him and I took a deep breath. Okay here goes nothing.

"Min Joon, I really like you-"

Min Joon's eyes widened waiting for me to finish my sentence.

Min Joon: "What?"

"Your cooking. It's amazing. Make more next time."

Min Joon: "That's right, my cooking, you like."

I got nervous. Let me try again.

"Min Joon, I really like... your furniture."

Min Joon: "Yeah, yeah my furniture, is a furniture to sit down and sit. Hahahahaha"

I awkwardly laugh.

Min Joon's phone suddenly had a beep. He received a texts but I still needed to say what I wanted to say.

"Min Joon, I like you." I finally blurted the words out.

He looks up at me and let go of his phone.

Min Joon: "What did you just say?"

"I really like you. I think maybe even more at this moment."

Min Joon walks right in front of my face. He then smiles.

Min Joon: "Me too. For a long time now."

I gasped. The feelings are reciprocated. Our feelings are mutual.

Min Joon: "A Reum just texts me, if you still were hesitating to confess. I should just kiss you like how you kiss me back in the club."

I let out a laugh.

"That's my sister."

Min Joon: "We still have to stick to the plan to not let A Reum get into trouble with your parents. I made a promise to you to protect her."

"Definitely." I smiled at him.

His crimson cheeks were flushing. Maybe it was me or maybe it was his shirt.