Falling 《三》

Jeong Hoon's POV

Min Joon, the groundhog saved me from the annoying busybody from my class. He really has a voice that is useful. 

As we were walking down the hallways together, he suddenly asked me a question.

Min Joon: "What are you thinking about?" 

"You." I cheekily replied.

Min Joon gasped. He covers his mouth. 

Min Joon: "Have you already fallen for my charms?"

"Get out of here." I playfully pushed Min Joon away as he laughed. 

Our lighthearted moment was interrupted when Jung Jae brushes my shoulder and Min Joon reacted angrily.

"Pathetic." I blurted out. 

Min Joon: "What's his problem?" 

"He can't stand losing since young."

Min Joon: "You've known this guy since you were young?" 

"Yeah, we had some miscommunication that's why he's taking it out on me till now." 

Min Joon: "Why don't you just talk to him so the miscommunication will be gone?"

"You see, it's not just a miscommunication. It's more of a pride thing. I just hope one day he will be able to move on and we can laugh about it."

Min Joon: "Anybody would be proud to be a friend of yours. It's his loss that he wants to behave like this to you." 

He looks at me and I turned away. What is this feeling? I'm…

I could not help but feel a strange mix of emotions. Suddenly I started hiccuping. 

Hiccup

Min Joon: "What did you just call me?"

Hiccup

I began laughing as the hiccups continued, embarrassed that I could not stop. Min Joon just stares at me amidst my laughter. I could see the way his eyes sparkled as he looked at me, leaving me with a sense of excitement and uncertainty. 

He takes his hands and cups my face. 

"Hey, we are in public."

Min Joon: "We're in the corner. No one can see us." 

He starts shaking me as if I'm a Coca-Cola ready to explode gas. Obviously, it did not stop the hiccups. 

He stops and then looks me in the eye. 

Min Joon: "Should I just… kiss you?"

As I held my breath, Min Joon's words hung in the air, creating an electric tension. The room seemed to shrink, and time stood still. My heart raced, unsure of how to respond. The anticipation was palpable, and the air crackled with possibility. 

Min Joon smiled and broke the silence. 

Min Joon: "Your hiccups are gone. Good, I have distracted you. Let's watch a movie!"