Heated 《八》

Jeong Hoon's POV

Min Joon's voice trembled as he uttered, "This is all fake-"

Mrs. Do's eyes widened in disbelief. "Don't lie to me. I'm your mother. What is the true meaning behind all of this?"

Min Joon sighed, feeling overwhelmed. "Mom, can we please discuss this another time?"

Mrs. Do's disappointment was palpable as she responded sternly, "Talk another time? Alright. But you better make things right with Jeong Hoon. If my suspicions are correct, I'm deeply disappointed in you."

"Teacher, I'll go out with Min Joon and talk to him."

Mrs. Do: "Alright, call me if there's anything."

I accompanied Min Joon to the nearby park, and it wasn't just silence, but rather a suspenseful silence that hung in the air, adding to the tension between us. It felt like every word would carry weight. 

Min Joon finally broke the silence, his voice filled with anticipation. "Aren't you going to ask me anything?"

"I don't know what to ask honestly. I already saw the pictures, but I was in denial and chose not to believe it."

Min Joon finally spoke, he let out a heavy sigh before confessing, "Everything Jung Jae said was true. I'm sorry."

My heart shattered, but there was still something I needed to know, so I asked, 'Why did you do all that? Why were you hanging out with other people? Was it all a lie?'"

Min Joon: "Please just trust me. Right now if I explain everything, it will be all ruined."

"Don't you trust me?"

Min Joon: "Of course, I just don't want anyone getting hurt because of me."

"You're already hurting me by doing this."

Min Joon stayed silent, not saying anything. It hit me that I knew so little about Min Joon as a person. I was familiar with his family, but I realised I didn't really know who Min Joon was deep down. It felt like I was the one opening up to him, and maybe he just needed some time to open up to me too. I should give him the space he needs."

Min Joon: "What do you mean? Are you breaking up with me?"

"Yes. I don't know if there's any valid reason for you doing this, but I would like to hope that everything we have spent together was genuine and that I wasn't just a game to you. If there's something you have to do, please promise me that you won't get hurt."

Min Joon's eyes well up with tears, "Jeong Hoon, do you understand what you're saying?"

"I may not fully understand, but I believe in you. I believe that you have a reason for your actions. Even though we won't be dating anymore, let's still be friends and not complicate things."

Min Joon nods his head, his expression filled with a mix of sadness and understanding.

Min Joon: "It was all real. Every moment, every feeling we shared was genuine. But right now, it feels like the timing isn't in our favour."

I let out a heavy sigh. I was at a loss for words. It's a pain that cuts deep.

"I'll go ahead. I'll see you later."

As I turn away, tears well up in my eyes. I find solace behind a nearby wall, where I collapse and let my emotions pour out. Why? I can't bring myself to scream at him, afraid that it will only make things worse. My teacher has been incredibly kind to take me and my sister in, and I can't let this situation jeopardise that. I have to hold onto the belief that there's a valid reason behind all of this, even if it's hard to understand right now.