Meeting the Animatronics

Y/n P.O.V

I took Vanessa's advice and got plenty of rest. First thing I did when I got back to my apartment was have a nice and warm bath. It was almost heavenly compared to the icy cold rain from the night before. 

Anyway, I was now on my way to my first day on the job. I dressed in my usual outfit which consisted of a simple f/c t-shirt, top and jeans with f/c shoes. The weather was a little better. It wasn't raining as much, but the wind was still bone-chilling as it blew past me. 

After a nice and less-stressful walk compared to last night, I had arrived at the Pizzaplex. Upon entering, I was met with Vanessa in her standard security guard outfit. She smiled as I entered. 

Vanessa: Looks like you had an easier time getting here. 

Y/n: Heh. Yeah, well when the weather's not so down, it helps. 

Vanessa: Cmon. I'll take you to the staff room and get you changed into the security guard outfit. 

She turned and led the way as I followed behind her. Despite me having a small tour yesterday, I couldn't help but be amazed at my surroundings. I could tell a lot of work went into making this place the way it is. It didn't take us long to reach the staff room which slightly shocked me. I mean, this place is huge! 

Regardless, we entered and I saw behind the Staff room door, there were two other doors. The left one was labelled with "Male" and the second was labelled with "Female". 

Vanessa: Here you go. We've got plenty of uniforms in both rooms. I'll let you head in and get changed. Unless you're one of those imaginary genders, in which case, you'll be fired because I am NOT dealing with that. 

Y/n: Can't blame you. Gets exhausting having to listen to that kinda crap. 

I entered the male staff room and saw it was basically a locker room. There were rows of grey lockers that didn't really seem occupied by anyone. Especially since they were all open with little to nothing inside of them. I walked to the nearest locker and saw there was a security guard outfit inside. I got dressed into the uniform and put my casual clothes inside, shutting the locker afterwards. 

Now that I was changed, I left the room and met with Vanessa. 

Vanessa: Is it too uncomfortable or anything? 

Y/n: No. Weirdly enough, I feel like it fits me pretty well. 

Vanessa: Good to know. Now then, let me give you the rundown on what we're doing tonight. 

We walked side by side, travelling through the Pizzaplex. 

Vanessa: It sounds pretty standard and easy, but like everything else, this job is easier said than done. We keep an eye out for anyone that may be trespassing. If you do find anyone, make sure you keep them detained. Anyone stuck in here after hours will be required to pay a fine and will also get arrested. If its a kid, you just keep them safe and contact me. 

Y/n: Do kids get left here often? 

Vanessa: No, but there have been a few cases of kids being left behind here. Sometimes we're able to get them out and to their families, sometimes they... get lost. Its why we've got a bunch of warnings around for parents to not let their kids out of their sight. 

Y/n: Fair enough. But those lost kids... Were they ever found? 

Vanessa: No. And it worries a lot of people. We've checked camera footage, maintenance tunnels and more. Still no sign. But I wouldn't worry about it. Its been a long time and the police have dropped the search. But if you do find anything, let me know right away.