First Night on the Job

Y/n P.O.V

After I had introduced myself to three out of four animatronics, Vanessa brought me over to the security room she had mentioned prior. When we arrived, I saw there were two heavy duty doors that could be shut down by pressing a red button. There were also a bunch of monitors featuring different areas of the Pizzaplex. 

Vanessa: This is where you'll be starting off tonight. Its pretty simple, just keep an eye on the monitors, switch the cameras with this pad and if you see anything weird, contact me on that radio on the desk. Simple, right? 

Y/n: Right. 

Vanessa: I know its not exactly the most thrilling of jobs, but I promise, tomorrow, you'll be with me on patrol. 

Y/n: I'll keep that in mind. And what "weird" things could there be? 

Vanessa: Just anything that seems out of the ordinary. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll figure it out as it goes along. Our shift ends at 6am when the Pizzaplex opens. I'll come back here to see you off. So get comfortable, you're gonna be here awhile. 

She smiled at me before leaving. I let out a low sigh as I was now left alone in the security room. Since I had nothing else to do, I simply sat down on the chair and familiarised myself with the equipment. The only downside to working in a giant place like this was the amount of cameras I had to look through. There were a TON! 

A low groan of annoyance left my lips. 

Y/n: This is gonna be a long night... 

I checked the time and saw it was only 12:15. Thinking about it now, I was starting to have a few regrets by picking this job. Oh well... Not like I could do anything about it now. I decided to check on the animatronics and see how they were doing. Chica was still rocking out, Freddy was in sleep mode and Roxy was still admiring herself. But when I checked on Monty, I quickly realised why Vanessa didn't want me to meet him. 

The entire room was trashed! All the merchandise that Monty had was all destroyed. Hell, he was just destroying the walls with his claws now, cutting deep into them! Why were the other animatronics so calm and then Monty was here just destroying everything like a wild animal?! 

Then again, Vanessa said that this was kinda normal. It didn't help that he ended up throwing a broken piece of the room at the camera, destroying it. 

Y/n: Damnit Monty! 

Shaking my head, I picked up the radio and called Vanessa. 

Y/n: Vanessa? You there? 

Vanessa (Radio): I'm here. What's up? 

Y/n: Monty just destroyed the camera in his room. What should I do? 

Vanessa (Radio): Don't stress about it. I'll file a report for the engineering team. They'll sort it out. Its a weekly occurrence so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. 

Y/n: Really? This happens weekly? 

Vanessa (Radio): Yep. Anyway, how are things in the other sections so far? 

Y/n: They seem normal. Nothing strange. 

Vanessa (Radio): Good to know. Have you checked the backstage areas too? 

Y/n: Uhh... No? 

Vanessa (Radio): You should probably keep an eye on those the most. If anyone has snuck in or is stuck inside the Pizzaplex, they're usually hiding backstage. 

Y/n: I'll do that right now. Thanks for the tip Vanessa. 

Vanessa (Radio): Don't mention it. Always happy to help the newbie. 

I let out a little chuckle and began to take a look at the backrooms. But the room were really... Weird. There was one where the walls were a piss yellow. Wait-

Oh shit, sorry! Wrong backrooms! 

Anyway! As I checked the backrooms of the Pizzaplex, it just felt... strange. Especially when I saw so many different endoskeletons. No doubt these were the base forms for the other animatronics. But it just seemed creepy. To me at least. 

I continued to look through the backrooms of the Pizzaplex and found something... much more different. It was deep within the restaurant and whatever it was, it seemed to be some kind of animatronic. But it just seemed so much more... mature, grotesque. And it bore a close resemblance to a wolf. 

Reaching out to the radio, I called Vanessa. 

Y/n: Uh... Vanessa? Is there supposed to be some kind of wolf animatronic in one of the backrooms? 

Vanessa (Radio): A wolf animatronic? Are you sure its not just a different Roxy? 

Y/n: I'm pretty sure. This one looks more like a male. And... He's kinda missing parts of himself. And... Is... Is that blood? 

Vanessa (Radio): What? Hold on, which backroom are you looking at? 

I looked at the monitor map and frowned when I realised something. The camera wasn't even on the schematics! 

Y/n: Uhhh... Vanessa? This camera isn't even displayed on the schematics. 

Vanessa (Radio): What?! How did you even activate a camera that's not on the schematics?! 

Y/n: I-I don't know! 

Vanessa (Radio): Okay, just stay calm. Don't do anything, and keep that camera on whatever it is. I'm on my way to you right now. 

Y/n: O-Okay. 

I placed the radio down on the desk and continued to look at the wolf in the camera. It had grey eyes and slightly twitched with movement. Suddenly, its head snapped up towards the camera, staring at it. But what happened next shocked me to my very core. 

Wolf: I... see... You... 

Its voice was deep, and strained like it was in pain. But the fact that it talked... Not like the other animatronics... But like an actual human being?! 

Y/n: W-What...? D-Did... Did that thing just... 

Before I could question it, the wolf lunged at the camera, making me jump back. The camera became static upon contact and I no longer had a visual on the wolf. Heavy breaths left my lips as I stared at the static screen. 

Suddenly, I heard footsteps right outside the security room. 

Vanessa: Y/n! Is it still there? 

Y/n: I-It jumped at the camera... I-It saw me! Spoke to me! S-Said it saw me! 

Vanessa: Okay. Hold on. Calm down. Deep breaths. 

I nodded and did as she said, taking a few deep breaths. 

Vanessa: Better? 

Again, I nodded, slower this time. 

Vanessa: Okay. Good. Now tell me, what happened? 

Y/n: I... I don't know... I was just checking the backrooms like you told me to and I was, but then I just... I stumbled up on something else. The room had like some kind of chessboard floor, the walls were old and greying. Even the wolf itself seemed old. 

Vanessa: What did it look like? 

Y/n: I... It had fur, it looked like one of those old mascots. Not an animatronic, one of those fur suits almost. B-but it had blood. Real, old and dried blood. 

Vanessa: Okay... Okay, I'll look into it. Maybe you should have a quick break. Let's go get some fresh air, it'll do you some good. Sound good? 

Y/n: Y-Yeah. Yeah, I... I just need a little breather. 

Vanessa: Okay. Cmon. 

She gestured for me to stand up and we left the room, heading out to the front of the Pizzaplex. 

But that thing... That wolf or animatronic or whatever it was... 

What the hell was that?