Second Night on the Job

Y/n P.O.V

After that little event, Vanessa told me to take the night off. Apparently she had managed to resolve it and said it was just some old haunting footage from when ideas for the Pizzaplex were still in development. One of the ideas were meant to be a horror attraction. But... I didn't feel like it was. It just seemed too real to be a fake thing. And the way it looked right at me! 

I barely got any sleep, it was just too haunting to forget about. Even thinking about it made shivers run down my spine. 

Anyway, it was now time for my second night and in all honesty? I didn't think it was gonna go well. Something about tonight just didn't feel right. It almost felt like things would be worse. But I didn't want to make a bad impression when I literally just got this job. 

I had just entered the Pizzaplex and took a deep breath to keep myself steady and calm. 

Y/n: Vanessa's probably already started. I should head to the locker room and get changed into uniform. 

I muttered under my breath and left the entrance zone, making my way to the guard's locker room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary and I eventually arrived at the place. I changed into my uniform and radioed Vanessa. 

Y/n: Vanessa? I just clocked in. You there? 

A few seconds passed before I got a response. 

Vanessa(Radio): Hey Y/n. How are you feeling? 

Y/n: Still a little shaken up about last night, but I should be fine. 

Vanessa(Radio): Right. I guess that's fair. Oh! Before I forget, there was a slight issue with Freddy earlier today during one of his performances. As a safety precaution he's on limited battery life so if you see him wandering around, try and convince him to go back to his room. 

Y/n: Alright. So where am I stationed? I thought we were going on patrol together tonight. 

Vanessa(Radio): Right! I almost forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder. Meet me at the entrance. 

Y/n: Alright. See you soon. 

I put away the radio and left the locker room, returning to the entrance. When I got there, I could've sworn I saw something small run somewhere. I got my flashlight out and shined it over at where the figure was, only to see nothing. I frowned, confused. Was I just hallucinating now? 

Before I could investigate further, I heard Vanessa's voice, calling me over. I turned and saw her walking towards me. 

Vanessa: Hey. You okay? 

Y/n: Y-Yeah. I just... thought I saw something. Maybe its just my head messing with me. 

Vanessa: You sure you're okay? You seemed pretty spooked last night. 

Y/n: Yeah. I'm fine. Really. 

Vanessa: Okay then... Just... Don't go scaring me, okay? 

Y/n: I'll try. So where do we start? 

Vanessa: Eager to get to work, huh? Alright. Follow me. I'll show you where I'll be patrolling first. 

She led the way past the barricades and I followed her to the elevator. We entered and went down. The doors shut and the Pizzaplex elevator music kicked in. It was a nice and pleasant tune to listen to. As we went down the elevator, we talked a little. 

Vanessa: So... Y/n. Since we're working together, why don't we get to know each other a little? Makes things a little less formal and more comfortable, don't you think?