1

"Damien Wayne?" The barista called his name loudly, her voice silencing the area for a few heartbeats while Damien rose to collect his cup. Damien grinned maniacally when he saw a dark haired boy stiffen at the name.

If possible, the grin widened as the same boy checked his wrist to look as the names listed, then checked the other before his eyes widened comically. At least, it would've been comical if he didn't rush to the counter, whisper something to the cashier, and rush out of the coffee shop.

Damien clenched his jaw, clearly upset at the outcome. It wouldn't stop him though, he had to find a way to meet his soulmate in person. To coerce him into visiting Gotham, and inevitably meeting Grayson, Todd and Drake.

Yeah, maybe he should stay in Manhattan for another week after he successfully met their soulmate.

Percy didn't stop sprinting until he was in his bedroom. Every door locked and all the blinds closed tight. One of his soulmates was at the cafe he frequented. To anyone else, this would be cause for celebration. Not to the demigod. Not after the last seven years of his life. Being shown anyone could die in a heartbeat was exactly why he didn't get close. He stayed away from friends and finding new family. Even the camps rarely saw him anymore.

He put distance between all the survivors of the wars and himself, because he couldn't go through the pain of watching another person come to their end. Not after Annabeth or his mom. Watching their lights fade flipped a switch in his mind that resulted in a gruesome finish to the Second Giant War. He couldn't do it, not after that.

He couldn't get close, even if they were made for him.

It was painful, and lonely, and Percy wouldn't lie to himself and say he wasn't just going through the motions every day. Wake up, get coffee, go on a run, go home, write his books, sleep. It was never ending, but writing what the mortals would call a "Fantasy Saga" was helping him vent and write a better ending to the war, one he wished hd happened. The story of Peter Johnson and the Olympians. Of course, he changed everyones names to that of Dionysus' nicknames, but it helped. A lot.

Especially when the nightmares kept him up and his mind was screaming in terror.

Yet another reason to never meet his Soulmates. They wouldn't want someone so damaged that they couldn't sleep more than 10 hours a week. Percy heaved a sigh and made his way shakily to the kitchen. He should have some coffee grounds somewhere around here, and it would have to do.

Though the Six Shot Affogato was really screaming his name right now.

Nevertheless, Percy settles at the small desk in his room and focused on editing the second book of his series. He used a pen name, and not even the company he was employed with knew his real one. But that didn't matter. If it helped him heal — Apollo was the one to present the writing idea — then he would do it. Personal therapy to help him cope, and to keep him from falling too deep into the depression that threatened to drag him under more times than he could count.

Maybe his soulmates could help with tha—

No. No, no, no. Percy couldn't. Not again, not ever. He'd been hurt enough. He didn't need to hurt himself more.

But what if it helped. Hearing his soulmates name shouted through the coffee shop woke a feeling he hadn't thought could possess him after all the hurt he experienced. Maybe he'll talk to Damien Wayne next time he hears the name. He hadn't seen the guy, too caught off guard checking his wrists for the name he knew he recognized — more like fantasized, he'd read each of the names on his wrists at least a billion times by now and lets make that a billion and one because he's doing it again — but reading the name he'd hoped would personify into his life and hearing the name was completely different. Maybe he should visit Apollo and Aphrodite for tea, they would be able to help him make sense of his feelings and make the right decision, as his therapist and the creator of Soulmates respectively.

But they would, without a doubt, convince him to meet this Damien Wayne, and they would succeed because they're Gods and you don't just say 'Fuck You' to them, no matter how much you want to.

What a hassle, if he had known these names would lead to this, his wish from the Gods would be to have the damned things removed.

With a deep groan, Percy decided to go for a mind clearing walk, hopefully shake the feelings of longing (ew) from his mind and reawaken his focus, because his dyslexia only messed with him this bad when he couldn't seem to focus. And the only thing he could focus on was the name Damien Wayne.

( )

Damien once again sat in the coffee shop, waiting patiently for his name to be called. He'd been tipping extra to have his name shouted more loudly than necessary, which is why people seemed to quiet so suddenly at the call. He had to make sure Perseus Jackson would be able to hear it, no matter what corner of the cafe he was in. And Damien was glad to have seen the very subject of his dreams settled with a packet of white papers with what seemed to be Greek sprawled across them.

It was impressive, especially since he only knew the language thanks to the League, but even that was far fetched because it's a dead language that can be read but not spoke. The name 'Percy' was called and the very man he had been watching rose from his seat, took a few lazy steps, collected his coffee, and settled back into his chair. Damien was just glad he didn't leave after getting the coffee.

He watched as Perseus took a deep sip of whatever it is he drank, before sighing with content and relaxing back into reading whatever manuscript.

Damien stood after the barista called his name with a deafeningly loud voice and collected his cup. Eyeing the way Percy stiffened in his seat. It was odd, for someone to be so adverse to meeting the person fate had destined you with. Damien didn't believe in fate or destiny for anything other than the bolded letters forever inked on his wrist. It confused Damien, how someone so scared to find love was destined with not one, but four people who craved it more than should be possible. Though the others were too scared of ruining the bond by seeking out their Perseus, Damien was less than concerned. It's not as though the name could vanish from their wrists just because he found an address.

Settling back into his window seat, Damien began scrolling through the family group chat, curious about the happenings since he left nearly a week ago. It was difficult, avoiding the Robin side of him and just being Damien. But it was worth it, watching the way that his soulmate squirmed in his seat, deciding between running away, staying put, or confronting the guy bearing the same name as his soulmate.

Even more worth it when Perseus seemed resigned to his fate, and began a slow walk over to Damien's table. "Is this seat taken?"