9

Percy had snuck out of the Wayne manor in the early hours of the morning. 3 to be exact, because he couldn't sleep. He felt too much guilt about the night with Dick to bother Jason, who seemed to struggle a lot with his past as well. So he wandered the streets in the dark. Barely shuffling around as he rode a low point from his treatment. It made him exhausted, struggling to keep his eyes open as he finally got the sense to vapor travel to camp. He needed to speak with Chiron about the treatment, as he'd promised to do once Apollo finished the cure, and also needed a night away from the chaos that enveloped the manor his soulmates inhabited.

There hadn't been much downtime, with each of the boys being eager to know Percy better. It wasnt a bad thing, but Percy had spent the last 13 months with very small amounts of interaction, and 11 with almost no interaction. Suddenly being constantly surrounded by strangers, soulmates yes, but strangers no less was too much for Percy. He only wanted to meet one at a time. Now he's met all of them. So he vapor travelled to camp, where Chiron would probably let him stay in the big house if he explained the situation, and looked for the centaur. The sun was rising now so he was likely teaching an early class.

It was easy to find the teacher in the throngs of an archery lesson, and Percy chose to hide along a wall, watching and waiting for the class to be over.

It didn't take long, considering it was the last thirty minutes of the lesson when Percy walked in, so the centaur made his way to Percy, leading him out of the building and towards the big house.

"Perseus, my boy. How was the treatment?"

Percy shrugged, "I'm all healed, but after having a constant feed of nectar that walked the line of dangerous for a demigod for so long. I'm going through withdrawals."

Chiron nodded, "and the soulmates?"

"I've met them. I was living with them for a bit but its just too much now. I needed out."

"Will you be staying in your cabin for a bit?"

"I was hoping you'd let me crash in the big house. Less attention there." Percy sent his puppy dog eyes to the teacher.

"Only for a few nights." Chiron agreed, "and only because you've done so much."

Percy smiled, "I'll go back to the manor and gather all my things. I don't think I'll tell them what I'm doing. It'll only make them try to convince me to stay."

"And what's wrong with that?" Chiron wondered, still walking.

"I'll cave. They'll convince me, and I'll keep going downhill until I disappear from everyone again. I just need a few nights away." Percy admitted, "though I'll tell the butler, he'll understand and tell everyone whats happening."

Chiron nodded, "that'll be good, and you're always welcome here. Though i must implore you to have an earnest conversation with them. Things will never get better if you just run away."

Percy nodded, melting out of existence as he vapor travelled back to his room in the manor. Apparently right on time too, because he was the last one that Alfred would be waking, and the butler knocked just as he began gathering his things.

Percy opened the door and pulled the older man into his room. "I'm leaving for a couple days. I need to visit my family but if i tell the boys they'll either want to come or convince me to stay. Im telling you that if they ask I'm going to be back in a few days."

"Of course, Master Percy." Alfred bowed slightly, "though may i ask whats caused this?"

"I'm overwhelmed. I need to he alone for a few days with my uncle and im not ready to tell the boys that they're overwhelming me. You can tell them that if you need, but i would prefer you didn't, but use your judgment."

"As you wish." The butler then saw himself out, leaving Percy to finish gathering his things.

Percy sighed, making sure he got everything before vapor travelling to his home in Manhattan. He would need to leave all technology — aside from his phone — behind so there would be no monster attraction. And to pack a few more outfits fit for the events that Camp Halfblood did.

With everything in order, he vanished once again, reappearing on the front porch of the Big House. Chiron was already waiting, and led him to the extra room in the place. It didn't take long before Percy was settled and laying down to sleep.

"Where's Percy?" Dick asked as the food was placed before them.

Jason looked around, "im not sure. There weren't any nightmares last night, so he could be just sleeping in."

"Master Percy will be gone fore a few days with family." Alfred spoke up, standing just to the left behind Bruce's chair. "I was informed this morning as he packed his things."

"Oh." Tim slumped slightly in his seat, "i wanted to show him my newest project."

Alfred grimaced, "it seems as though Master Percy was feeling a bit claustrophobic at the amount of attention he was receiving."

"Why didn't he say anything?" Dick asked, setting his silverware down.

"He is not quite comfortable around you all and did not wish to accidentally hurt you. He chose to visit family for a few days to set his mind straight."

The boys nodded, though Damien felt disheartened at the new information. He had told Percy he wouldn't have to meet the other brothers until he was ready, and he didn't get that. Guilt piled up in his stomach as he pushed his breakfast away, standing to leave without excusing himself. Bruce allowed it, thinking it was only because their soulmate had left so soon after returning once more.

Damien gripped his phone in his hand, sending a short text to Percy and waiting for the response.

He didn't get one.

Hey, I'm sorry you weren't able to meet everyone at your own pace, I promise we will give you space when you return unless you want otherwise.