5

Percy was not expecting his first meeting with his soulmates father to be while he stood in the doorway of the manor, clutching Damien's hand while Damien had a quickly forming bruise and a bloody tissue up his nose. Especially not for the silence that followed the revelation that Damien had returned home, soulmate close behind, clearly fresh from a punch.

Bruce was smart enough to know that the impact that caused the bruise was caused within the last hour, and that meant that the soulmate had likely caused it. He was also smart enough to have done research on the very boy that all his sons had soul marks with. A suspected terrorist, walking in with his bloody and bruised son. Not a good image.

Of course, Bruce also had the wit to avoid jumping to conclusions. He would ask his son for the story, preferably away from the soulmate, and figure out what happened. Then they could decide if actions needed to be taken for potential abuse.

Bruce instead chose to introduce himself after realizing that there had been several minutes worth of silence between the quartet. Alfred ever so patiently held the door, seeing as Perseus had frozen at the sight of the imposing millionaire father of his soulmates. "Hello, you must be Perseus. My name is Bruce." He held out a hand to shake, intentionally reaching for the hand that clutched so desperately at his sons hand.

"Please call me Percy. Can we get some ice for Damien?" He was quick to try to right his wrong. Bruce gave a nod to that, waiting for them to enter the house more fully, which was only prompted by a subtle pulling by Damien.

"My name is Alfred Pennyworth, Master Perseus."

"Please, just Percy."

Alfred nodded, "I'll fetch the ice for Master Damien immediately." And then the old butler excused himself from the quickly growing awkward room.

"So, Damien," Bruce began, "you ran off to find your soulmate?"

To Percy it sounded reprimanding. But to Damien it was exasperation. "Yes, father. Though I would like to show Percy to his room then we can speak."

Bruce only nodded, "I'll be in my study."

And then Bruce stalked off, allowing Damien to begin the trek to the hall all the boys' rooms were, and showed Percy to the last remaining room in the hall. Alfred kept it in tip top shape once he caught wind of the boys' agreement to bring their soulmate to the manor should any of them meet him.

"This will be your room, I'm across the hall and Grayson is to my left. Your right is Todd and your left is Drake. Father will likely let it slip that you're here and they'll be rushing in in no time." Damien followed Percy into the room, "I'll leave you to get settled and speak with father in the meantime. I'll come see you after that and we can explore the mansion if you'd like."

Percy nodded, "that sounds nice."

Damien gave a small smile, grasping Percy's hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. "I'll be back."

And then Damien made the trek to Bruce's study, already sure of the questions that would be asked and the information Bruce would so kindly 'remind' him of. He had told his sons since he'd looked into Percy's background to keep an eye on him once they met.

Damien now knew that it was likely just horrible situations if he based the theory on the obvious trauma Percy held. He knocked thrice on the door and waited for the 'enter' that would always follow.

"Damien, is Percy attempting to abuse you?" And Damien was flabbergasted at those being the first words asked after the door to the office closed.

"What?" Damien blinked for a minute, his signature scowl back in place now that he was no longer by his soulmate. "What makes you ask such a ludicrous question?"