#10

Micky continued his story, "They all lived in the little land of....of....Kirshner! And Davy was worried about how he would get to his grandmother's house because it was guarded by a big bad dragon. But that didn't matter much because the three little dwarfs," Micky had been talking so fast he had made a mistake as to how man dwarfs were in Snow white. He shook his head, "Dah, I mean seven dwarfs. Well, anyways the seven dwarfs had all gone blind and their evil step-mother wouldn't allow them to go to the ball. So they called the sea creatures to come and pluck out her eyes......And uhhh...ummmm.....That's uh, the end." Micky stuttered.

He looked over at Lani. He frowned at seeing her still awake.

"Yeah that wasn't a very good story." Micky searched the room to find something he could use to get her o go to sleep.

"Hey I got it." Micky stood up and walked over to the collection of instruments on the far side of the room. He first sat at his drums and decided the would be too loud, then he Picked up Mike's electric guitar. He stared at it a minute and then put it back down. He settled on his acoustic guitar. He walked over to the couch and sat on the floor beside her.

"How about a little music?" Micky asked.

He strummed a couple chords and then began playing a soft song. He hummed the words in his soft tenor voice. He played the lullaby over and over. It was the one his mother used to sing to him when he was little. He hummed it to himself whenever he missed her. (As long as the other guys were not around.)

When he glanced at the clock and saw that it read 4:36, he looked to see if Lani had fallen asleep again. And she had. Her messy blond curls framed her face, and she even seemed to be smiling. Mick stood up and tucked the little girl in. He turned the lamp off, and put away his guitar. All the while humming his lullaby. Micky climbed silently up the stairs and flopped back onto his bed. He was too tired to even get under his blankets.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The next morning the boys woke up to the phone downstairs ringing. They all four raced to get it. Mike reached it first.

"Hello? Michael from the Monkees speaking." He waited a moment. A disgusted look washed over him. "Rudy." He said spitefully. "Thanks for the 'gig.'" He mocked. "Wait what? No joking,huh? Okay. I'll tell the others. No, of course not man! We wouldn't kidnap anyone!" Worry swept over the others. Peter motioned for Mike to cut the phone call. "Hey, uh nice talking with but me and the guys have lots of...band things...to do. So see ya later. Bye!" Mike hung up the phone and turned to Micky.

"That was Rudy.He said the Doris' called in to complain about three faulty workers, who kidnapped their child." Mike said accusingly.

"Your not blaming me are you?" Micky asked.

"No I'm just saying we need to return her before they go to the police or we will be sent to jail Micky."

"No! Not jail! I can't go back! Ten years is a long time to sit in a cell! I'd rather die than be taken back!" Peter freaked. Micky calmed him.

"It's okay. It's okay man. No one's going to jail."

"Then get Lani and let's go." Mike said.

"And no one's going to get sent back to their...'parents.'" Micky said with a frown.

"Micky, I can't go to jail, I gotta family to support." Mike said.

"Yeah Mick, My grandfather would defiantly make me come back to England if I got arrested" Davy whined.

Micky walked away. "Just me another day. I'll think of something. And then we wouldn't have to send her back. We need evidence that she was mistreated, then we'd be justified in court." Micky continued.

"And just how do we get this evidence?" Davy asked. "They already suspect us. They'll turn us in, sure enough."

"We will send in our most brilliant detective; Peter Tork." Micky said with a smile.