#11

A/N Hey guys I am dedicating this chapter to BeatlesMonkees4Life because your the brightest glowing rabbit I've ever been friends with!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

"Where is he!" Micky said impatiently.

"Calm down Mick, he's probably examining each and every nook and cranny. He may even be interrogating the spiders. Give him time he'll show up." Mike calmed his friend.

"Yeah I guess your right." Micky said sitting down in an empty chair at the table. "Peter is pretty good at this detective stuff. He did get us out of that pickle we were in last year."

"So there's no reason to worry. You want to join the game?" Mike asked as he dealed out playing cards to himself and Davy.

"Sure." Micky agreed.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The boys played in silence for about an hour. Micky lost all three games they played. He just couldn't concintrate. He dropped out of the fourth game to check on Lani. As he walked up behind her he saw that she was crying. She wasn't making a sound but tears raced down her cheeks.

"Hey now...what wrong?" Micky ask, genuinly concerned. He placed a caring hand on her back and sat down next to her.

Lani pointed to the picture she had drawn. On the page were three stick figures. A tall one with a suit, a shorter one with a dress, and a tiny one also wearing a dress.

A thought occurred to Micky. "Is..is that your family?" He asked.

Lani nodded.

"But wait. If your family is only you and your parents, then who is that baby?" Micky asked. Lani didn't answer. She stared him in the eyes and shook her head.  She picked up her pencil and scribbled out the word, No. She pointed to the stick figures, and wrote family beside the picture.

"You mean the Doris' really aren't your parents?" Micky said in excitment. Lani smiled and nodded. Micky took the child into his arms and hugged her. "Oh I knew it! Your parents must be worried sick." Micky said.

Lani shook her head and pushed away from Micky. She turned back to her drawing and added details. When she drew away Micky could see what the child had drawn. He was horrified.

"Davy come look at this?" Micky said; his worry evident in his voice. Davy jogged up to the counter followed by Mike.

"Ohhhhh......" Davy said in disgust.

Lani had drawn bullet wounds in the head and chest of her parents and then drew a fourth stick figure. The fourth stick figure was holding a gun. The subtitles just above it said 'Doris'

They all stepped back and exchanged glances. Mike frowned and picked up the paper.

"Throw it away.." Micky sighed.

"No. I'm not throwing it in the trash. We're keeping this. It could help. If Doris killed her family we need to tell the police." Mike said with a true, deep anger.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

When Pete wasn't home by six that night, everyone was worried. Mike, Micky, Davy, and Lani were all sitting at the edge of their seats waiting for their freind's return. It was completely scilent in the house until the door flew open and in came Peter. Pete wasn't alone though. He was followed by 'Doris' who held a gun to Pete's back.

"Sit down you punks!" Doris screamed. The Monkees all lined up fast and held up their hands in the air. "I know that you boys have he kid!" He yelled. "Now fork her over!" Doris kicked Peter in the back of the knee and the poor fellow toppled down into Davy. Davy helped him to his feet and shot a look of hatred at Doris.