#19

"Davy get up and call 911!" Micky yelled.

"But-" He argued.

"No buts! Do it!"

Davy stood up and dialed. Hello? Yes! This is David Jones. I am at 19-45 Bethles street, Los Angeles. Davy said into the receiver. We have captured a man who has kidnapped a girl--" Davy would have finished but the front door swung open and Babbitt stormed into the room.

"Alright now boys, no funny business! I need my money and I need it now!" Babbitt yelled. 

Davy dropped the receiver. "Mr. Babbitt this isn't a good time. We don't have the money." Davy tried to keep him from seeing Mike and Doris in Micky's trap.

"Don't have it!?" Babbitt complained. "You've had a whole week and you threw this party, which I wasn't invited to!" Babbitt yelled. 

"Yes I know how it looks but really we are dead broke!" Davy laughed nervously.

"Well i'm not leaving until the money is in my hands!" Babbitt pushed past Davy and that's when he noticed Micky's trap. "What is the meaning of this!?" He asked angrily.

"Well you see mister Babbitt this whole shindig was a trap."Peter explained. "This evil man kidnapped a little girl and he's gonna kill her if we don't buy her from him." 

"Wow, you boys really got a nerve, bringing criminals into my flats!" Babbitt screamed. 

"We're sorry, sir. But there was just no other way!" Micky sighed.

"Did you think about calling the police?" Babbitt mocked them.

"Of coarse we did! Were not stupid!" Davy defended the group. 

"Well?" Babbitt asked.

"He already called them." Peter said spitefully at Doris. 

Babbitt only nodded. "Well Im not getting caught up with this!" Babbitt headed towards the door.

"But sir, you said you'd stay till you had your money!" Peter called after him.

"Well you boys will be inhabiting another type of flat soon, so what do I care?" Babbitt slammed the door. 

The boys couldn't do anything but wait. Mike was losing blood fast. He started talking out of his head. Micky was getting worried. Finally sirens wailed from outside and then for the third time that night the door busted open.

"Alright Kidnappers!" The head cop yelled. "Hand's up!" Every Monkee that could held up their hands. Doris got out of the trap. Mike laid there his face contorted in pain. Doris had stepped on his badly wounded foot.

"Sir!" Micky said quickly. "I can explain everything! But we are running out of time. My friend over there was shot and he needs medical attention."

The sheriff told two of his men to get Mike. They picked him up streamers and all and hauled him outside. "Where's the child?"

Micky sighed. "She's in the laundry room, hiding from that man!" Micky answered.

"Likely story." The sheriff said. He told another cop to fetch the child.

"Could I just have one last word with her?" Micky sobbed.

"Not  a chance!" The Sheriff screamed. 

Doris tried to pick Lani up.

"Get away from her!" The sheriff slapped his arm away. "The judge has to decide if you get her or not." 

Micky sighed in relief that she would be safe tonight. Three other cops came and handcuffed Micky, Peter, and Davy. They escorted them and drove them to the county jail in separate cars. Each man crying for his own reasons.    

{Sorry. This chapter was rushed. I will add more details later. :) }