15

JOSEPHINE

Kat fans her face, nodding toward our table, so we all step off the dance floor for a quick break so they can catch their breath.

She steers us where the guys are huddled near the open bar.

Kathrine plops onto Felix's lap, the others grabbing an open seat around him while I hop up, sitting on the edge of the table.

"Damn, Jo. You've got Kat breathing all hard," Felix jokes.

"You try keeping up with her ass out there and look at Cassie," Kathrine  says. "She's sweating more than I am."

"I'm a sweater, asshole, and you know I can outrun you," Cassie throws back.

"True, but still." Kathrine  laughs, downing half a water bottle before sipping on Felix's drink.

"Dude, Hero is the fastest on the team, too." Mandy gasps, glancing his way. "You guys could prolly go all night."

My mouth drops open, but then Hero is suddenly in front of me, pushing my knees open so he can slide between them. I stare, unmoving and a little buzzed, as his fingers come up to lift my chin.

"Stamina is key," he says, all deep and gravelly like. "Ain't it, baby?"

My muscles tighten unexpectedly, and I have to remind myself to nod.

It's delayed and beyond obvious.

The chuckles from around the table have my hand coming up to push his away, and a breathy laugh escapes me.

"Let's go back out there, but with the boys. My dad told them to pull the plug at one." Kathrine  hops up.

The rest of the group stands, and they all rush off, but Hero continues to block me in, his attention on their retreating bodies before it moves back to me.

"Not a sex kitten, she said," he says with a heavy rasp. "Gotta tell you, if hip-hop is your jam, club shit is your spirit. Not sure how I missed that."

I blink innocently. "So much to learn."

"Trust me, J, I know plenty."

"What, you spy on me from that window of yours, H?"

His smirk is instant and my jaw drops, a laugh bubbling from me.

"Oh my god, you do, you perv." I hit his chest playfully.

"Not my fault you get half naked and have sex with the air in my line of sight."

I laugh loudly, dropping my head back. "Sex with the air. Nice."

His gaze falls to my neck, slowly and seductively lowering from there.

Suddenly, with his head still pointed downward, his eyes pop up to meet mine through thick, dark, lashes.

It's too much.

I clear my throat. "Do you dance?"

He gives a slow nod.

"Show me."

"Nah."

I frown. "Why not?"

A smug expression slides over his face. "'Cause my girl would dance for me, not ask me to dance with her."

I roll my eyes as I jump down, but his body is a barrier and unbudging, so all it does is smash my hips against his.

He cuts a quick glance to my lips.

"You couldn't handle it if I did," I tell him.

He brings his mouth close. "I could handle all of you, Pixie. Believe that."