16

JOSEPHINE

I jolt in bed when persistent loud banging reverberates throughout the room.

The first thing I notice is the space beside me is empty, my TV is still on, and the doors connecting mine and Hero's rooms are still wide open.

"I know you hear us, slut face!" is yelled, laughter following.

I pull myself up, unlocking the door blocking me off from my friends.

Cassie, Kathrine , and Mandy pour in, running right for my bed and plopping on top. Mandy jumps off just as quickly as she lands though when she realizes Hero's door is open. She races right for it.

"No, wait," I hiss when she runs right inside without warning. "Mandy!"

A few seconds later she's walking back in with a small pout. "Boo, he's already gone. How could you let us miss the walk of fame?"

I have to force myself not to frown.

Gone as in he left?

"Yeah, Josephine. Rude." Kathrine  laughs, digging into my cooler and pulling out a bag of grapes. "So how was it? Did he take his time or was it hot and quick?"

I open my mouth to tell her to shut the hell up when Felix walks in with sleepy eyes and a glare.

"Busted!" Mandy laughs and Kathrine  smacks her, climbing to her knees and holding her hands out to her boyfriend.

I quickly grab some shorts and slip them on. "Thanks for knocking."

"Shit, sorry," Felix apologizes but doesn't walk out.

"What time did Hero leave?" Cassie asks and all eyes turn to me.

"I--"

The knock on the room door saves me so I run to open it, my eyes widening when I find Andrew on the other side.

"Morning." He grins.

"Uh, hi, I mean good morning." I smooth my hair down, running my fingers under my eyes.

"I wanted to see if you..." He trails off, frowning at something over my shoulder.

I look to find Felix standing there, and he only moves closer. I frown and step away, turning to face Andrew again.

"Did I interrupt something I shouldn't have?" he asks slowly, his insinuation loud and clear.

"What?! No!" I shout, pushing the door open farther which forces Felix back.

Andrew glances past me to spot the girls inside.

"Ah. Now it makes sense." He chuckles. "I thought we could walk down to breakfast together."

"Oh..." I subconsciously look to Hero's door.

He left without a word, does this mean our fun is over?

We made everyone think we were partying together all weekend; Andrew is standing at my door at eight in the morning.

Is that not the endzone?

Either way, it's a harmless walk that my friends will be on, too.

"Um, I just woke up." I motion to myself. "Obviously, but..." I look to the girls. "How long until you're ready to go eat?"

"I'm only changing, and ponytailing it," Kathrine  says, and the other two nod.

I turn back to Andrew. "Ten minutes?"

He smiles. "I'll wait by the lobby."

"Awesome."

I shut the door behind me and all four of them stare with wide eyes.