001

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

━─━────༺༻────━─━

She knew that her tiny flat had thin walls but she didn't think singing karaoke every single night after college would finally take a toll on her life. 

Some people here usually like to sleep at the crack of midnight.

The blush spreading across her face couldn't get any redder. A boy of etheral looks about her age at her door step in shorts and a loose shirt, with a pillow tucked under his armpit just rang her doorbell, asking her to shut the fuck up because he was trying to sleep. 

With her seven dollar glittery karaoke microphone gripped in her arm, Jiah took the longest of a breath she'd ever taken in her twenty-two years of survival, hoping by the time she'd exhaled, the dude would just hopefully leave her to her embarrassing self. She tugged her pompompurin-pajama covered body closed and shut her eyes, preparing herself for whatever chain of swears the guy might be preparing to spout.

There's a karaoke bar down the street that i can introduce you to. And if you're feeling extra delusional, i'll get you a bottle of booze aswell, if it means getting to sleep like normal people at this time of the night. The boy slurred, half awake, tugging the pillow closer to his head as though he could fall asleep upright then and there.

At that the guy dragged his feet back to his door, right across hers. He must have been a new tenant, since She hadn't had records of diagnosing any other person with insomia. As far as she'd known, that is. 

She shut her door closed as soon as he left, though quietly since her humilated self couldn't bear another sound pollution ticket. Despite it been the crack of midnight, Jiah couldn't help but get reminded of how genuinely etheral the lad looked. He was both handsome and beautiful at the same time. Heck, he was more beautiful  than she could ever be in any of her nine lives.

Despite the range of emotion that went through she the very moment, the one that couldn't be dismissed was the wave of embarrassment she felt. If it weren't for how distracted she was by his looks, her thoughts could've leveled up to suicidal. And that was no understatement. she had severe social anxiety and to feel that way any moment of the day was normal. 

Jiah didn't know who she should get mad at. Herself, for resorting to karaoke as a supplement to the long bills of therapy she would've had to pay for her declining mental health. Or Him, for creating another sweet memory to her 'humbling points of my life'album that her head never forgets to replay every single time she try to get some sleep.

Though either had their own reasons to flick off the blame. That ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶d̶i̶b̶l̶y̶ b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶  boy just wanted some sleep. Who knows if he barely ever got any sleep anyway not including the hours of sleep lost due to her screeching. 

But did he really have to walk up to her door to publicly humiliate her like that? Sure, they two were the only awake in that hour and no one else was a witness to that incident, but it was still really embarrassing. I mean, she totally deserved that and more, but still. He could have been a bit gentleman-er? 

She knew this was really neither of theirs fault to take, but someone had to take the fault, right? At least that's what her burning conscience told her. 

It couldn't be her. She didn't need more of a reason to unalive herself. So yes, the final judgement by the high court of Jiah's head determined that the fault goes 

to the ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶l̶y̶ g̶o̶o̶d̶ l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶  boy in pajamas. 

Who She now realised would be her new neighbour for a year or even more.  

A new mortal enemy. How exciting :)

━─━────༺༻────━─━