006

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

"Want one?" 

Jiah vigourously shaked her head side to side when Minho gently pushed her in the side with a cigarette stick between his fingers. She looked around her surroundings nervously, praying, as if her mother who was miles away from her in another country would catch her taking cigarettes from a man with shambled neck long hair and multiple piercings. The fact that this man smoked gave her a whole different idea about him. As the type of boy that would simultaneously break every rule in highschool. The type of boy who would walk around with a group of scary looking boys and whistle at people passing by. The type of boy her mother had warned her about before she was sent to live alone in a completely new country.  

Minho let out a low chuckle at her reaction. "I knew you would have a funny reaction like that. Don't worry, i'm not a regular smoker or anything. Just do this to get my mind off of things." He looked into the distance of the mostly empty parking lot while he lit an end of the stick.

She glared back at him, completely unimpressed by his answer. "And that's exactly what gets you addicted to it." 

A tiny grin played on his lips a grin played on his lips before he let a puff of dirty smoke escaped his lips. "Fine you caught me." He raised up his hands into his air while he laughed.

"This isn't funny." She remained unimpressed, sporting a poker face. "Lung cancer is not funny."

The man only smiled back as reply, before it dissapeared as he took another smoke of the cigarette loosely sitting between his fingers. 

"You said you were a psychology major, didn't you?" He let out a breathy sigh before adding,  "...Mind if i vent to you?"

"You want to..talk?" Jiah seemed genuinely confused at the Minho's request. "Oh..sure, of course." She realised this awkward moment could serve as being her psychology practical test. The girl straightened her non existent tie and cleared her throat. "What's on your mind?"

"Oh, i mean, just my 'future' in general. I just..feel like nothings working for me, you know...like i was never meant to be anything useful in life. Like i was born to just..sit around, single and homeless."

"Oh..."

"...Ohh."

this man...has a hard life? He couldn't possibly have any real struggle, would he? He doesn't look like he could actually have problems..but over everything else,

"You're single?" She looked bemused, but her lips quickly curved into a smile. and into a mocking laugh. "Things are not at all what i thought they were."

He sighed, knowing this was coming. "Really? that was the only thought-process you had after i vented to you?" 

"i mean- i'm just curious. You don't look like your single.." She chuckles, trying to make it sound less offensive but failing immensly, "..i mean, you're tell me you got no game? Like wow..if you don't, then i'm fucked."

"Yeah, but can we stop talking about my love life and back to the problem, please?"

"But, i mean this is a probl- okay i'll stop." She sealed her mouth from spouting anymore nonsense and continued. "So..why do you think you have no...future?"

"Because nothing's working for me. I know i could do something, that i could pursue my interests, but i just...can't. Either i get bored of it, or i get tired, or i just don't know how..."

Her eyes softened as she looked at him. "And what do you think you want to do?"

"I want to do something i enjoy, but i feel bad, because want i want to do isn't what people wouldn't exactly appreciate. So i just don't know anymore." He spoke as he looked into the distance ahead.

"What do you want to do, Minho?"

"I want to play in a band."

"Oh.." 

Jiah didn't know whether or not she should express the emotion she felt at the moment. He was hopeless. 

"You want to do that? just that?"

Minho looked at her with a confused, slightly desperate look.

She continued, "And do you really think it would succeed? a mere band? you must be insane, how could you put all of your dreams into just...a band?! There are people depending on you. Sure, people say follow your dreams, but do you really think you should do that? think a bit practical. There's a low chance you'd even succeed, and even if you did, do you think you can make a living out of it? won't people think you're a spoiled, rich kid who doesn't want to work hard for himself?" 

As silence engulfed the atmosphere, the depth of the words that came out of Jiah's mind finally got to her. 

'What did i just..say?'

Minho turn to her with a look on his face that tore up her insides. "I thought...i could trust you." He only murmered, before walking away from her.

JIah regretted every word she said. The young woman got her own trauma ahead of her. Years of neglecting her dreams and choosing whatever her parents thought was right lead her to..this. To her, a girl born to a middle class family to whom she was the only hope of, to her, this man with a dream was a rebel

Her words reflected everything she said to herself for half of her life to keep her from having a dream of her own. But seeing that expression on his face hurt not only him, but her as well. 

But he left, leaving the impression that he doesn't want to see to her ever again.  

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

[I'm not ending with a meme today ( ಥ ͜つಥ)]