007

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

✧:・゚◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣ ・゚✧

There it was again.

That throbbing feeling.

Jiah had only passed by a boy who had a remotely similar haircut to minho, but her heart took a full somersault in the confines of her ribcage. 

It was the simplest things like this that made her ache. A baggy black t-shirt. Chunky boots. a skrunchy short wolf-cut. It all reminded her of him.

She clutched onto her tote bag and gulp down as she walked past the boy nervously. 

What the hell was she going to do? 

She thought everything would just go back to normal the next day. that Minho would somehow forgive her. That they would go back to being (not so)friendly roommates again. 

Except it didn't. 

Minho seemed to be avoiding her like a plague. or maybe he just didn't bother to make an appearance infront of her. either way, who would? who would after being told such horrendous things?

Jiah occassionally remembered the kind of face he had when he told her about his dream.  The way his eyes gleamed as he opened up whatever he had held up in his heart for the longest time. The way he waited for her reaction with a dreamy expression, thinking he had finally found someone who he connected with. 

She failed. Failed as a psychology aspirant. Failed as someone who had similar dreams. 

Failed as a human.

She could cry then and there if she wasn't holding it in. But she wouldn't. She would feel digusted if she cried. 

Her crying after she crushed someone else's dreams? Giving into that victim-mentality she oh so despised? She wished she could dissapear. 

The young woman thoughtlessly situated herself underneath the shelter of the hooded bus stop. Her last stop was the groceries. 

All-Purpose flour, milk, tissue boxes. she reminded herself of her grocery list.

"Jiah?"

No-real purpose flour, milk, tissue boxes.

"Jiah?"

Useless flour, a hot milf....and what?

"Jiah!"

Said woman yelped. She could here a chuckle from beside her.

"Day dreaming again?" The voice chuckled. "wait. but its night. so it would just be called normal dreaming, right? but you'd have to be sleeping if it were normal. but you weren't sleeping, you were just zoning out. so its called day dreaming because you don't sleep during the day. but we also don't sleep during the early nights either, right?...." Felix continued yapping incoherently. 

The voice became clear when Jiah finally turned to look at the silly man. A smile crafted on her face. So not everyone in the world hates her right now, hm?

"Hey, felix." She greeted.

Her smile immediately fell. But he only doesn't hate her because he doesn't know what she did to his best friend. what would he behave like when he finds out? (would he still be cooking like a chef since he's a five star miche-)

"You look gloomy." He pouted. "What happened?" He asked, with curious, innocent eyes.

Her heart leaped once more. 

"Just that my scores went down this semester. I've fell five ranks down in my class now." If it weren't for the fact that she was having an existential crisis at the moment, Jiah would have been proud at the fact that a impressively terrible liar like her could spout up a half-believable lie in time.

Felix's mouth formed an o-shape. "But...you know, our failures only...only give..they only...g-give me a minute, i've saved some inspirational quotes on my phone! i'll tell you one real quick! give me a minute!"

 Felix shoved his hand into his bag and hauled out his phone with fumbling hand. "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. - Franklin D. Roosevelt" He recited in a uplifting tone.

"A-And..um...The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Nelson Mandela. There's also..It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop..."

Felix's voice quieted when he heard her errupt into giggles. A soft smile plastered onto his face.

"Thank you, Felix. You're a sweetheart, you know." She smiled, throwing a hand over his shoulder.

"Glad i could help. Did i make you feel better? feel inspired? ready to try, try again till you succeed?" Felix spoke enthusiastically, not a tone of irony in his voice.

Jiah chuckled once more. She didn't really feel like it, but she couldn't frown again, not infront of this sunshine. "I sure am!"

✧:・゚◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣ ・゚✧