Introduction

I stare at him, barely able to believe my own eyes. Quickly looking away, I feel embarrassed for being caught staring. Glancing down at Harper, I see her happily playing with her stuffed bunny rabbit, oblivious to everything happening around her. Taking a deep breath to calm my racing heart, I gather my courage and take a few steps closer.

"Excuse me," I say, tapping HongJoong on the shoulder.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but are you HongJoong from Ateez?" He turns around, looking slightly confused."Yes, I am," he says, quickly glancing from left to right as if checking for someone else I could be talking to."Oh my gosh," I say, my voice shaking slightly. 

"I'm such a huge fan! I can't believe I'm actually meeting you in person!" He laughs, his eyes crinkling slightly at the corners.

"It's nice to meet you," he replies, bowing slightly at the waist.

"And who is this little one?" He smiles warmly at Harper, who is now observing us intently.

"This is Harper," I reply timidly. "She's my daughter."

"She's beautiful," HongJoong says sincerely.

"Thank you," I reply, blushing. My mind races with excitement – this can't be real. 

"So what brings you to New York?" he asks."I'm here with my daughter," I explain. 

"She's two years old and I wanted to show her something special." He nods understandingly.

"I'm on tour with Ateez right now," he shares with a smile. 

"We're playing a few shows in the city this week."My heart skips a beat – HongJoong is so close!

 Feeling excited, I say, "I'll definitely come and see your show."

"I'd love to have you there," he replies flirtatiously. 

"It'll be a lot of fun." I grin and nod, still in awe of my luck – I'm talking to the K-pop star of my dreams!Just then, the barista calls out HongJoong's name. 

"That's my smoothie," he says, raising his cup. "It was really nice meeting you."

"It was nice meeting you too," I reply, feeling somewhat wistful.HongJoong flashes me a charming smile before turning away and walking out of the shop. As I watch him leave, my heart flutters.

"Bye, HongJoong!" Harper cries, waving her chubby little hand.I turn to her in astonishment. Had she even been paying attention? 

"You know him?" I ask.Harper giggles and nods.

"HongJoong!" she says.I smile thoughtfully. Perhaps dreams do come true after all.