part 4- making amends

I got a call from Haley saying i left my purse there so I got dressed and went down. I walked in with a smile on my face but then saw Lucas and then turned around, picking up my purse and walking out the cafe door. Lucas heard me leave and ran after me. "Lola! How long are we going to do this?" He said catching up with me. "Do what? You tell me your the one that's upset. I don't know what to say to you, Luke". I said avoiding eye contact with him. "Just explain to me why you were with Nathan. Huh? Considering what he's done to me the past few weeks". "I cant. Lucas, fine. He asked Haley to tutor him but she said no and asked me to. I'm only doing it so he leaves you alone. I'm only doing it for you" I walked away and headed to my car.

Today, the cafe didn't need my help but Haley asked if she could talk to me about something. When she had finished talking to me, I walked out passing Lucas. He stood up and walked over to me. "I'm an idiot" he said owning up to his behaviour towards me. "I know". "I'm sorry. I miss hanging out with you." he smiled at me and I smiled back. "Yeah. I miss hanging out with you too". "I appreciate what your doing for me but why don't you let me handle the team from now on. Starting with you stopping tutoring Nathan". I sighed " Lucas I can't. I promised him. If I break that promise, I'm just as bad as you think he is." I walked away knowing Lucas wouldn't like hearing that.

I was at Nathan's house looking over his grade. "The good news is your doing better,and the bad news is better is a D". "Yeah.I guess I didn't give this one my best shot". He looked down at this paper and looked disappointed. "What's going on with you?" I said as I was curious. " Well,you know me and Peyton broke up". "Peyton and I aswell". "Oh. She broke up with you too?" I said as we both smiled.

Nathan invited me over there to help him again and on my way, Haley called me.

The phone call:

Haley: "Hey do you know what your helping him with today"

Lola: "No, this would have been so much easier if you would have tutored him. I'm not even smart and I look nerdy tutoring him."
Haley: "Your just marking the sheet I gave him in school.Look I really appreciate that your doing this for me Lola, thank you"
Lola: " Yeah yeah,whatever . Next time I don't feel like doing something I'll make you do it for me. I'm at his house so I got to go. Bye loser"
Haley: "Bye nerdykins"
Lola: "HALEY! don't even start. Your the nerd for choosing to tutor in the first place."

I noticed Nathan staring at the floor not speaking. "Still in denial?" I said,making him turn and look at me. " about what?" he said acting like he didn't know what I meant. "Missing her. It's ok that you do". he scoffed. "What, are you my tutor or my shrink.I treated Peyton pretty bad. She had every right to walk away.I screwed it up. I just wish I could have another chance".

"nice work" he scoffed.
"That was the truth". "No, on Haley's paper. You got 81". "You know it's funny, I think we've talked more than Peyton and I ever did. Hey, you coming to the game?". "um.. well, depends how you do on your English exam. If u get anything less than 81, I'm going to stay home and watch a movie".

"Lola?". "Yeah?" I turned back around and looked in his direction. "I know this hasn't been easy for you. I just wanted to say thank you" I smiled and walked out of the house.

I drove to Karen's Cafe and went upstairs to Lucas's Minigolf course. "Hey". "Hey" I walked over to him. "I really don't want to be like this,Luke". "What is that?" I sighed. "This. Us skirting around each other. We're friends. That's important to me". "Your just tutoring him?". "I am just tutoring him. That's it". he nods.

As I'm walking into the school for the game, Nathan walks towards me with his friend. "Got a sec? he had a big smile on his face. "Hey,yeah,what's up?". "check that out" he shows me a piece of paper with an 84 on it. "An 84! that's great Nathan." I was genuinely happy for him. He opened his arms, clearly wanting a hug. "Yeah,Congratulations!" I hugged him.

They are all running out to play the rest of the game and I stopped Lucas before he ran on. "Lucas.Luke. Are you mad at me?" I said catching up to him. " I saw you with Nathan" . "God,he got a good grade on a quiz. It was nothing". " I want to believe you Lola, I do. But I don't think you're telling me the truth". " Lucas, I am telling you the truth. There is nothing going on" he looked at my bracelet. "Nice bracelet" I sighed and went to get a seat.

I was in the car with my sister and Peyton, Brooke was asleep in the back,me and Peyton were in the front. Peyton was singing and I was pretending to play the drums from the song which I didn't know. "What's songs next?" I looked over at Peyton, waiting for a response. "Uh,you pick" she said keeping her eyes on the road. We continued driving down this long road until we bumped into some familiar people. It was Nathan and Lucas standing in the road, staring at me and Peyton.

hey to anyone reading this (probably no one) i hope you like this story so far and if u have any ideas u think I should add let me know in the comment x.