part 12- quality peyton and lola time

"Deb said I might find you here." It was Peyton stood behind me with her hands in her Jean pockets looking at me. "Hey,this place is cool." it was Lucas's hangout spot on his roof with a mini golf course and benches. "Lucas and I built it, back when it was us verses the world. Sorry I ran out of the hospital by the way." I slowly turned my head to face her. "Don't sweat it. I'm probably not the best person to give moral support anyway. Maybe if you went with Nathan." .

"Nathan and I are taking a break. He was using me to get to Lucas." she looked at me. "Look Lola I... I knew Nathan and he is obsessed with you. Not.. in a creepy way before you start." she laughs and looks at the sky. "It doesn't matter. Anyways, why do you think you're no good at moral support?" I said looking at her wondering why she was doubting herself. "You said that you were disappointed in Lucas for betraying Brooke, and I just figured you felt the same way about me since I also betrayed her."

I tucked my hair behind my ear and got ready to speak. "Actually no, I don't. I... um know what it's like to need Lucas in your life." And I was telling the truth by saying so. "I never let myself need anybody. Ever I mean you saw how I isolated myself when my mom died. I look at Lucas and he gets me and he really sees me. You know, like right down into my soul."

I nodded at her. "I just want to tell Lucas that I love him and I'm sorry." . "I just want to tell him I'm Inlove with him." said Peyton, looking ahead of her. Peyton left to go home since Brooke was waiting for her to go. I walked to find a quiet spot in town, somewhere I could be relaxed and think straight. I went to the pier as it was quiet today and sat on the bench at the end. I pulled my legs up to my chest and let the guilt eat away at me. The guilt from letting Lucas think I hate him while he's in hospital, the guilt from being the reason my parents arguing because I got into the wrong group of friends and got in trouble a lot, the guilt for leaving everyone without saying good bye. I deserved the guilt to eat at me.
I got a call from Peyton and she picked me up in her car. She brought me to Lucas's basketball court and people were there. "What is this?" I said with my hands in my coat pockets looking over at everyone chalking on the court. "It started last night. People wanted to do something for Lucas." She said stood next to me looking over at them. "Is that Tim? he's always been such an ass to Lucas." I said scoffing surprisingly. "Maybe it's his way of trying to say he's sorry." She said slightly smiling st the work they are doing. "Wow. Why am I not surprised Nathan isn't here?" I sighed and walked over to everyone helping.

Nathan's POV :
I walked into the hospital knowing it's the right thing to do. I sat down on the chair next to Lucas's unconscious body on the bed. "Hey,man. I kinda need to talk to you. So I'm here because everything screwed up. I know you don't trust me with Lola....but I like her a lot, you know? She is hurting right now as well seeing you like this. She needs you to open your eyes, man. She feels like she can't be forgiven and I'm sorta in the same place as well."

I turned and saw Karen asleep in the opposite corner of the room. I sighed and turned back to Lucas. "This accident....might not turn out so bad, you know? You get a break from the game. The pressure and all the expectations. I wish is had that chance. You might not believe this but maybe you're the lucky one. You can escape it all." Lucas moved his hand and put it onto mine. His eyes slowly opened. "Hey." I said as his eyes were open now. "W-Water." Lucas sounded weak but I just about understood him. I nodded and grabbed his cup. Reaching out to hand it to him. He drank some and then sighed, like a painful one.

"W-what are you doing here?" he said moving his head slightly to face me. "It's a long story. Let me get your mom." I stood up and walked over to Karen and shook her gently. She started to wake up. "Nathan?" she said sitting up. "I think Lucas wants to talk to you." I pointed over to him. I left knowing who I had to see now. Lola.

back to Lola's POV:

I walked in the cafe and it was quite busy. I walked over to Lola who was at the counter filling in for Karen. "Nathan, I'm not in the mood right now, okay?" I said sorting things into piles. "Lucas is awake." he said looking into my eyes. how did he know that? "I was there when he opened his eyes. I went to see him." I was confused. "Why?" I said. "Cause I knew you couldn't. I wanted him to know that you were thinking about him. Look, I knew it was wrong of me to go after you for the reasons I did.  I can't apologise for it. I'm glad I did. I'm not that person anymore and it because of you that I am. Let me take you to him." He reached his hand out waiting for mine. A tear fell down my face.

I walked into his room, he was laughing and smiling with my sister. He saw me and stared at me. Brooke sent me a smile. I walked over to him and sat on the bed at the side of him. "Hey buddy. I missed you" he said smiling. I bit my lip trying not to cry but I couldn't help it. I started crying and leaning into Lucas's shoulder.

Lucas was half asleep. "Lucas. Lucas!" I said trying to get him to wake up. "What hurts the most?" I said looking at him. "all of it." . "So you broke up with Brooke to be with Peyton?" i asked curiously. "I know she's your sister but generally do you think it's wrong?" . "I'm not in any position to judge, I just.. well the heart wants what it wants, right?" I said trying to be supportive and clearly succeeding.  "At least my sister knows the truth now. Anyway I should let you get some rest." I got up of the bottom of the bed and stood up. "You look good." He said while I was hugging him. "Thank you. By the way, you're lucky you didn't die because I would have killed you." he chuckled. "Love you two." Peyton arrived in the room so I left even quicker.

Me and Peyton were walking around the mall when my crying sister got our attention. "Peyton? Lola? I've looked all over for you both. Didn't you get my messages?" she said. "Really? Oh, no, my phones been whacked out all day and Lola's phone is in the car. Are you okay?" Peyton said to her being caring. She started crying. "not really, no. I said I wasn't going to do this and I said it wasn't worth it, but it is. Lucas broke up with me." she said crying her eyes out.

I actually felt bad for her even though we aren't as close as we were before I moved away but she was genuinely upset about the breakup. "I'm sorry." Peyton said to her not really seeming to be that supportive which I found a bit unfair. "I was looking forward to getting a chance to show him how much he means to me, and he said h-he just wants to be friends. And every idiot knows that is just code for go away. A-and I don't know what to do." she wiped her tears and looked up at Peyton then me then Peyton again.

"Look if Lucas said he wants to be friends, I'm sure he means it." . "How do you do that with Lucas?" she said still crying. Peyton looked at me for help since she was stuck on what to say. "You just..erm .. sort of do everything that's you've been doing without the sex part." she looked at me and wiped her tears again. "Yeah, There's a first time for everything, right? ".

"Wait a minute, is this...." he said making me curious now he stopped. "What?" I said looking into his eyes. "Is this a new outfit?" He noticed. omg. "He noticed! Yes, it is , it's all part of the new me. Do you like?" I said smiling at the face he noticed. "Yeah, but what's wrong with the old you?" . "Nothing, I just thought I'd branch out into some new things." He was staring at me about to say something.

"This could be good. Like what?" . " there's lots of things I want to try that I never have before." I said brushing my hair behind my shoulders. "Like fooling around with me." I slapped him on the chest. "Like ice skating" I chuckled. "Ok,well, I can try my best to teach you how to do that.". "But I prefer it when no one is around because I always fall over." it's true I prefer to ice skate when I'm alone. "Well I think you should skate for me sometime." he said chuckling. "Ok,yeah,right. I'll catch you in the ice ring." I said getting up and walking to the other side of my bedroom. we talked for a while then he went home.