part 6 - the first date

I knew Brooke was behind me but even though the Nathan was mainly in the wrong yesterday,she didn't help by outing it out to everyone around us. She cleared her throat,expecting me to turn around but I continued ignoring her.

"Want some more attention?,I was just beginning to think you got enough last night" I carried on eating my breakfast when I got a call from Haley, she told me to meet her and Luke at her CD shop as she needed to pick out a CD and she wanted my help with it. I walked straight past Brooke and went upstairs to get ready.

I wore a pink top and a denim skirt. I put on mascara and lipgloss and drove down, cherishing my last moments with our car since our parents were selling it to remodel the kitchen. I parked my car and walked to the CD store, when I walked in, Haley was stood there with about 10 CD's in her hands.

"Have either of you ever heard of UHF or SARA?" I shook my head,thinking she was talking gibberish. "Yeah,UHF. They're from Portland,right? They're good. Um, but with SARA,they're great." I tilted my head at him. "What are you guys even talking about?" Lucas looked over at the door, Haley did too. I turned around to see what they were both staring at. It was Nathan walking in.

"You gonna be okay?". they both said that at the exact same time. "Yeah,you guys carry on looking around. I'll handle it". I said smiling then turning back around to him. "I called your house. Brooke told me you were coming here." I looked down over at Lucas and Haley who were discreetly looking over at us from behind a bookcase.

"Well, maybe next time I won't answer calls around Brooke." he looked over at them, wanting to see what was distracting me. They looked away so we wouldn't see them looking at us talking. "Look, I didn't know that your sister saw that note, Ok? I didn't even know there was a note until later. I wouldn't do that to you." He looked like he seriously meant it but that wasn't enough for me.

"Ok." It was expressionless but that's all I was willing to say to him right now. "Great, so.. cool?". "no" I said as I scoffed. "Well, you believe me, right?" He said looking at me, waiting for an answer from me. "Yes, I believe you're sorry but look, this whole tutoring, hanging out, whatever it is, thing, it's just a bad idea. It's just done. I'm done." I walked past him and walked out, not even going to Haley and Lucas, I needed to have some time to myself for a bit. I went shopping at my favourite boutique nearby.

I walked in and picked out a few tops and this beautiful dress. I payed and as I was walking out back to my car, this girl came up to me. "hi your Lola right? we go to school together,I'm in your school year,I just wanted to say that I love your style and by the way you are so pretty." she seemed so sweet and I was surprised I had crossed paths with this nice girl yet since she's in my school year. "Thank you so much. I'm surprised I don't know you. What's your name nice girl?" she smiled, she seemed rlly happy that I asked for her name. "My name is uh...uh.. Mia. Sorry I'm nervous since your like really popular."

I was confused as I only hung out with Lucas, Haley and sometimes Peyton,Nathan and Brooke. "Um, I'm sorry I think you have the wrong person, I'm not popular." She laughed like I said something funny. "yes your are lola. the boys at school drool for you." she smiled and I couldn't help but burst out laughing. "your funny. like seriously. but I have to go, thanks for the compliments" I walked away,back to my car.

I was speaking to Haley sat down as Haley was working her shift. Brooke walked in and I saw her. "Haley, tell her it's closed." I said not caring that she could hear me. "we're actually clos.." Brooke interrupted her and walked over to me. "Oh, I get it. Closed to me. I don't blame you Lola. I mean, you're my sister and I was in the wrong for being like that. I'd be angry at me too after what I did last night".

"Knock yourself out" I said not interested in what she was saying. "You've always been feisty. I can see why Nathan likes you. Look, you're blaming Nathan for something I did, and that's not fair on him. Okay?, I was drunk and I was pissed,and I found your note and well you know the rest. You are my sister and I don't want to ruin your chance with Nathan. I want to make it up to you".