Chapter Tweenty-three

Hyunjin's pov
" what is it jin?" jong ho said making me look at him, we went out for a coffee this morning to change the mood...the castle had been suffocating I asked Felix If we could go out but he said he was busy with kingdom related stuff and it is dangerous to go out in the city for now...does he think the wolves will make a move on me? Will they hurt me like they hurt my father? So that's how jongho and I found ourselves in a coffee outside of the town...felix teleported us here and left.
"do you ever wonder what is it like if yeonsang lied to you about your whole relationship?" I asked making the older frown.
"I do not actually, yeonsang and I are mates...we can't hurt each other's Feelings or lie without the other knowing, we read each other like an open book...does this have to do with yours and his highness?" he asked me back.

"I am felix's mate too..."
"you are a human hyunjin...maybe you are drawn to Felix but you can't feel the bond...in other hand has highness should  be feeling it" he said biting his lips looking as if he is thinking" why didn't he turn you?" he added making me freeze and look down my lap.
"I...he refused" he whispered...when I spend time with Felix I started wondering about what is true and what is not about the supernatural world...like things I learned from books and movies...could you turn a human by a bite? Does sun hurt vampires? Even so I saw a lot a vampires walked under it...and Felix explained to me how true-blood and half-blood vampires are invisible to the sun...there is a lot I don't know yet but I am learning.
"he did not turn you nor mark you" jongho whispered to himself but I heard him.
"wait a second...what do you mean mark? Do you mark your mate like werewolves?" I said with wide eyes...

"I was not supposed to say that hyunjin...if his highness knows he will get angry..."
"to hell with his highness...i am his mate and he is hiding hundreds of things from me....like I did not even know that we have other mates...he had hidden that from me...what else is he hiding?" I cut the boy off feeling myself shake with anger he just looked away silently...each time I defend Felix he proves me wrong...why I am doing this?
I took a deep breath rubbing my forehead...i am questioning my whole existence right now...who should I believe? What should I do? Why did I even get into this mess? Felix and I always had this hidden wall between us...even after all these years I feel like we are missing something...not on my part though from his...i am sure he had feelings for me...but the lies...the stories that he keeps on telling me they say he is joking or testing my trust are too much....like I am already his why is he doing this? Is he that insecure of himself or what? When it comes to the wolves he just becomes a mess...

"hyunjin" jongho said after a long silence" don't tell him I told you about the mating"he added with wide eyes as he bite his lips.
"I won't" I said with a heavy sigh.
"you..." suddey jongho froze mid sentence when the door of the coffee was opened revealing two boys and a girl...they scanned the place until their eyes fell on me before they walked into an empty table.
"what's wrong?" I asked jongho who glanced between the three people and I.
"witches" he said making me frown.
"Felix said witches are weak now...why are you worried?" I asked.
"I...they are but....i...i can sense a strong aura coming from them....it is odd" he shuttered" his highness should be here soon...we need to leave come on" he added taking my hand before he dragged me outside.

"jongho slow down" I said trying to keep up with the faster vampire.
" we need to leave" he replied without slowing down...i glanced behind to see the witches running after us.
"shit" jongho said stopping" a dead end" he added making my eyes widen, we are stuck...how did we even get here?
"well...well...well, a vampire and a human" one of the boys said making the two of us look back"oh forgive me...not any human but the hwang hyunjin" he added with an amused tone.
"make a move and I will kill you" jongho said coming between us.
"funny" the girl said before jongho fell on the ground screaming... what the hell?
"what did you do to him?"I yelled trying to help the boy who was groaning in pain.