Ch: 6

[vance's pov]

I was leaning my head on a tree looking at the sky, watching as the sun started to go down letting the left over sunset hit the grass beneath me. Finney was lighting the fire by rubbing sticks or Some shit, I looked down and saw Gwen watching finney in amazement as he lit the fire.

"Yes fire!" Gwen Half whispered to herself, I looked down as I saw the flame start to grow and the sparks fly off into the air. I walk over to the side of the fire and Sat down, I look over at finney who was going through a duffel bag he had. I wonder why he hasn't even token off the Hoodie yet..

He pulled out a fruit barrel drink, So this pipsqueak has good taste in foods. He looked over at me and caught me staring at him already, he held out his arm to hand me the drink, I reached my arm out and took the drink from his hands and my Finger tips brushed against his skin, I opened the barrel and I took a sip of it.

"Hey finney" Gwen said "yes?" Finney Replied as he grabbed another barrel drink "..are we gonna stay in the woods for a few days or are we gonna have to go to another place tomorrow?" Gwen said, I could tell finney was a bit nervous from that question "I...I don't know Gwen, but I will tell you when I have figured it out okay?" Finney said as he softly smiled at her. She nodded her head looked at the fire trying to keep herself busy with her thoughts, I look at finney who put his hand up to his mouth and yawned quietly.

I raise a brow and remembered he had bags under his eyes that I have noticed at school a couple hours ago. When was the last time he slept?..I don't care it's just stupid when he yawns. I quickly come back to reality as Gwen yawned to, She is way louder than finney. "Gwen come here" finney said, Gwen looked at finney and lifted herself up and walked toward him, finney searched inside of his duffle bag and brought out a thin blanket. "Thank you finney" Gwen said tirelessly before she went to the other side of the fire again and placed down the blanket and she sat ontop of it.

She lowered her self and lays down and grabbed the other end of the blanket and covered herself, I look at finney again and saw he was rubbing his eyes and putting his knees up to his chest "finney." I said, he turned his head and looked at me "when was the last time you slept." I asked, he raised his eyebrows a little and looked down
He looked like he was thinking, "last night" he answered "okay, for how long" I asked. "..I think.....2 hours?" He relied. I raised my brows. I clench my jaw and looked at Gwen who was Sound asleep, I look back at him with my eyebrows furrowed

I didn't say anything, I don't care for this kid and It doesn't really matter if he Slept or not. I Just look at the fire, I see from the Corner of my eye that Finney picked up the now bloody wooden weapon and kept it in his hands, it took me a couple seconds to look back at him, "aren't you gonna sleep or some shit." I said, he looked at me with a tired but awake face, "no..I uhm, gonna keep watch for the night" finney said, I raised my brow and shook my head "no your not. Give me the weapon" I said, "what?" "You Fucking deaf? I said hand me the Godamn weapon" I said a little louder, "okay.. okay.." finney said, he handed my the weapon and I placed it beside me.