Ch: 9

After 2 days of waiting in the woods, Vance, Gwen, and finney were walking down a dirt road path, next to some old buildings or new hospitals or houses that had been abandoned when the 'infected people' invaded. It was still morning. They have left the forest pretty Early. Gwen was fidgeting with her fingers. Once in awhile, playing the 'thumb' war game with herself if she was that bored.

Vance kept his weapon close. The bat he had. Or..stole. While finney kept the same wooden one he had close to himself. "My feet hurt.." Gwen said. "Just a little bit more walking gwen..okay?" Finney said, gwen nodded.

After a few minutes, Vance noticed Gwen being a bit slow. "Come on chihuahua. Keep up." Vance said. Finney turned his head to see Gwen walking a little behind. Gwen walked faster and continued to walk side-by-side with finney. Vance turned his head back and continued to look ahead.

After a few more minute. Vance heard walking coming from behind both of them. And saw Gwen trailing behind again. He scoffed and shook his head. He turned his head back around and continued to walk. After a couple more moments he turned his head back. And saw Gwen still behind. Vance furrowed his eyebrows. Before groaning out of annoyance, and walking to Gwen, he then stopped her. And turned around. And crouched "what are you d-" "Get on my back. And shut your mouth." Vance snapped. Finney turns around to see Gwen getting Vance's back. Vance crouched back up, and started to walk again.

"Vance?-" "don't say anything." Vance said. Finney shut his mouth, and they both continued to walk in silence.

After an hour or two. Vance noticed Gwen silently sleeping, her head resting against Vance's shoulder. And surprisingly, Vance didn't wake her up.

Finney turned his head to see Gwen resting. "Are you gonna wake her up?" Finney said quietly. "No. If I do then she is going to be bitchy." Vance said, finney raised a brow a little, slightly Not believing him. But he shrugged, and looked ahead. After a few moments of silence. The only sounds apparent was coming from from their shoes walking on the small rocks and sand. The wind blowing in the distance as birds flew above them.

"Vance?" Finney said. "Hm." Vance hums. "If you were close to my house. And your house is 15 minutes away from mine..why were you there?" Finney said "what?" Vance said. "Why we're you there?, by my house?..weren't you at yours, y'know. When you saw me and gwen running from the other infected people back in the town?" Finney said. Vance was silent, he looked at finney for a moment. His blue eyes blaring into finney's brown ones. Finney started to get more nervous. "S-sorry..you don't have to tell me." Finney said. Looking away.

"My sister." Vance said, finney looked at Vance. "What?" Finney asked. "I left becuase of my sister. But it wasn't her fault." Vance said. His head looking forward, "..what happened?" Finney asked.

"...I found my parents. They had bullets in their head from my dad's gun." Vance started. "..I thought they couldn't deal with the shitty world that was becoming a nightmare. With all the..y'know." Vance continued. "I rushed to my little sister's room..and I needed to get her out of there. Only to find out..that with the sickness she was dealing with... A Respiratory illness...that she must've..got to sick." Vance said.

"I found her in her crib."

Finney's eyes widened. 'Crib..his sister was only a baby..' finney thought. "And I saw her. Black veins around her skin. Her eyes looking at me. As she made the most..horrific noises I have heard from a baby.." Vance said. "..I either chose to leave her there....or...just..grab a weapon and...y'know.." Vance continued.

"I didn't want her to be in pain." Vance ended. Finney looked at Vance with sympathy in his Gaze "I'm so sorry.." finney said. "You didn't need to go through that." Finney said, placing a hand on his shoulder. And surprisingly, vance didn't pull his hand away?...

Then finney pulled his hand away, as he heard Gwen softly groaning as she slept. Then they heard shrieking. Gwen lifted her head. And looked behind, to see 2 people. They were twitching, Vance looked back and so did finney. Vance immediately let Gwen get on her feet, and then the two other people ran at them. Finney grabbed ahold of Gwen's hand and Vance already ran. Finney following after.

"Come on finney!" Gwen said, finney ran faster. The things behind them were fast.., Vance then grabbed ahold of finney's arm. And nudged him so they all can be running at the same pace, Gwen almost tripping as she did so.

Vance, still holding onto finney's arm. Made a shape. Left and toward a house. Making a 'infected' person crash and fall over the other. Vance grabbed ahold of the door handle. And luckily, the door wasn't locked, he immediately and slightly pushed finney and Gwen inside. And closed the door shut.

There were scratching and noises coming from the other side. And Vance looked to his side to see a desk that was holding a already wilting flower in a dusty Vase. He pushed the vase off the desk and Finney knew what he was going to do.

Finney pushed the heavy but bearable desk to the door. After a moment. Vance backs away, the noises were still outside. But they couldn't get in. Finney sighs, and Vance did do. "You guy's gotta run faster.." Vance said "I tried." Gwen said.

Then they all froze as they heard a gun click.

Vance slowly looked over. And so did Finney and Gwen. Then they seen a teen, maybe around Vance's age or younger. Black hair, grey shirt and jeans, and a mask. "Don't move." The boy said. Pointing a handgun at them, "who are you." The Boy said, "who are yo-" "I'm asking the questions blondie." The boy said, pointing the gun at Vance, finney could see from the corner of his eye, that Vance put his hands into fists. Out of rage? Or just out of fear?

"Who are you three." The boy said. "I-im finney...this is Gwen..and that's Vance.." finney said. "Vance?, like Vance hopper?" The boy asked. "Of course. I don't know why I didn't recognize you." The boy said. "What are you doing he-"

"hey! chico asiático, I couldn't find any one of those caminantes here. So we should be-" then another boy walked in the room. And Finney immediately reconized who he was.

Robin.

"Woah!, hey what the hell are you doing?" Robin said, before looking at Vance, Gwen, then..finney.

"Finn?" Robin said, his eyebrows raising, Robin looked at all of them. Before pushing down the boy's gun. "Hey-" "they aren't going to hurt us maldita perra estúpida!" Robin said. "And take off the damn mask, you don't look cool" Robin sighed. The boy took off the mask, and finney saw it was..Bruce? "Dude!, I'm not trying to be cool. I'm trying to be intimidating" Bruce said.

....