Ch: 8

Well, I suppose I would have eventually come back to this book, and I have gotten comments saying to bring this back,
SOOO ITSS BAAAAACCCKKK
now enjoy the chapter, sit back and relax, grab a blanket. Lay in your bed. And enjoy the chapter and I'm sorry if I haven't been really posting. I have to head to Arizona in a few days to go to court. Because of my dad, and with me being sick and having constant headaches, I have been distracted. But enjoy!
————————-
Vance was leaning against a tree, his lower body feeling the grass beneath him, the fire now slightly showing color, as the fire was long gone.

He was looking at the wooden weapon, it was covered in black substances, he looked to his right, and saw Gwen laying down, she has been sleeping since finney told her to lay down awhile ago. He then heard noises, and he whipped his head to the side, and saw Finney, Vance didn't even notice that he was even up. He has been lost in thought all night. Finney sat down at the same spot he has been since all night, looking at the dying fire. Vance didn't even know what got him here to this point, he didn't know why he went with this twerp in the first place with his bratty sister..but he did come anyway.

Vance looked back at finney, he had his knees to his chest, his eyes fluttering slightly. "Why aren't you going to sleep. You look pretty damn tired." Vance said, finally breaking the silence between them. Finney didn't answer, Vance got more irritated by the second. "Hey, earth to finney!" Vance said throwing a small stick at finney's shoulder. It worked, because finney looked at Vance. "Wha- oh, uhm, sorry I didn't hear you. I was lost in thought, what were you saying?" Finney said. "I said, why aren't you going to sleep." Vance repeats. "Oh, I am planning on going back to sleep. But I'm not so tired anymore, so I plan on waiting till I am." Finney said.

Vance nodded slightly. But then he looked a little down, and on his hoodie finney was wearing. There was slightly black substances. Vance thought it was the girl finney killed for him, but the substance looked new, not really hallow. Vance slightly raised a brow. And looked at finney.
"Hey finney. What's that?" Vance said, finney looked at Vance "what's what?" Finney asked. "The black stuff on the hoodie. It doesn't look old." Vance said. "Oh uhm, someone tried to attack me and my sister..." finney said, quietly. A bit to quietly. "But I thought you went home?" Vance asked. "Me and Gwen did." Finney said.

"Did a person..or..infected person. Whatever you want to call them, break into your house?" Vance said. "Yeah. But that's not what stained the hoodie." Finney said. "My dad's blood did." Finney sighs. Vance's eyebrows raised a little. "What?" Vance said "you killed your dad?" Vance asked. "He was infected." Finney said. Vance looked at finney, surpised, but also..concerned? "Oh.." vance said. Finney looked away from Vance, and at the now dark burned sticks. That were once aflame a while ago.

Finney sighs, and laid down. Vance didn't even know what to feel, sure this little twerp wasn't his friend or anything. But he still felt concerned. And a bit sad for the kid. He was only 14. And already having to deal with a lot. Vance didn't even care about the other one. Gwen, but she looked about 8 or 9. And having to deal with a little as well.

Vance leaned his head against the tree behind him, and closed his eyes. Lost in thought again, he inhaled through his nose. And out his mouth quietly, before finally, drifting off to sleep.