Prologue

After 5 years Manik saw Nandini in the corridor of Sanjivani when he was walking with Alya. He felt that he got his life back and was staring at her continuously while walking towards her. When he reached her, she greeted them.

Nandini: Hi Alya, Hi Manik. Oh let me introduce them (she said turning towards the boy beside her, just then Manik noticed a boy with her, he was so in the Manan world he forgot to notice the surroundings).

Aryaman: Nandu, no need. I know them both, you have shown me so many pictures of them in these years. They are your best friends from your college days. Manik, the famous Cardiologist in the country and Alya, a great Orthopedic surgeon. Nice to meet you both.

Alya greeted him formally whereas Manik was in his jealous mode hearing Nandu and seeing them behaving this close. He was also shocked, didn't she tell him that she is Mrs. Nandini Manik Malhotra because he mentioned them to be her friends only. He came back to reality when Alya nudged him with her shoulder, he gave a fake smile.

Nandini: And guys, he is Aryaman, my childhood friend and now my fiance. He is a Neurologist.

Shock was an understatement for Manik. Was he falsely trusting their love for the last 5 years? Did she really never love him?

Meanwhile Nandini said
Nandini: Guys I will see you later, I need to meet Dr. Shashank, Bye.

With that she left with Aryaman, while Manik was just looking at her retreating figure hoping for her to turn back, with silent tears flowing from his eyes. But she didn't turn back, she passed the corridor with Aryaman. After she was gone Alya started

Alya: Manik, whatever was there in the letter, was true only, can you see that now? You never believed, but Nandini betrayed you, that's the truth, don't run away from this now.
Manik was not in a state to reply. He was just shedding silent tears.

On the other side after crossing the corridor Nandini broke down in tears.

Aryaman: Are you okay Nandu? Why don't you tell him the truth?

Nandini: I can't Aryaman, I can't. I can't destroy his life.

Let me know if you find this interesting...

What might have happened between them???
Stay tuned to see the mystery unfolding...