Chapter 13

It was the day when Alya was going to give money to Trilok. In the evening Nandini got a call from Maddy.

Maddy: Hi Nandini, the first step of our plan is successful. I had followed Alya secretly and as I was expecting it was Trilok's right-hand man Aman who came to collect the money. We already had some pieces of evidence against him, but he was absconding. Today also he was in disguise, but I recognized him and have taken him into custody. I made Aman call Trilok and tell him that their another boss called him when he was going back to Trilok's place after collecting money from Alya and told him to meet him immediately regarding some deal. So, he is going there and it may take two to three days to come back. The money is with him only.

Nandini: That's great Maddy. Thanks a lot. Now tell me did he give you all the required information?

Maddy: It has been possible because of you only. Based on your information about Alya, I could arrest him. Yes, he has given me the information. I think even God is on your side this time. Listen carefully, we were thinking no that how can you go inside Trilok's house, here is the way. Aman told me that Trilok's wife Preeti is pregnant and she has few complications. I have asked him about the doctor they are consulting. It's Dr. Sapna whom I called and told her that she should recommend your name to Trilok so that you can check his wife once as you are an expert in these types of cases and you need to observe Preeti for 2-3 days.

Nandini: Wow, this is the best way to enter, great work Maddy. Once I enter there I will go according to our plan.

Maddy: That is fine Nandini. But are you sure that you want to go there? I mean I can send someone else from our department. It might be very risky for you to enter their den.

Nandini: Maddy, nothing will happen. Even if it is risky, I will go there. You know the reason, right? It's not only about collecting proof against Trilok and his gang, it's about Manik's video also. I have to delete that somehow. If anyone from your department finds it they will suspect Manik also, maybe he will be proven innocent later on after Trilok reveals everything, still, it will affect Manik's career, and his reputation. I can't let that happen. You know Manik, that's why you are trusting us, but why will others do the same? If they find the video, they will arrest him at first, the respect which he has earned all these years will be destroyed in a blink, which I don't want at any cost. I have to go there. Now tell me the details of whatever Aman has said.

Maddy: I knew you will say this only. The way you love Manik, this is only expected from you. I won't stop you, but be very cautious, take each step carefully, one wrong step and Trilok will not hesitate to kill you. Aman told that only Trilok has Manik's videos, and Harshad doesn't have it which makes our job a little easier. Trilok has a folder in his laptop where he keeps all the documents and important videos of his illegal business and he has another folder where he keeps the videos for blackmailing people. Manik's video is in that folder. I am sending you the names of the folders and passwords to open those via sms. And he keeps backups of these videos in a hard disk which he keeps in Preeti's room's (their bedroom) drawer for safety because no outsider can go there. And the most important thing, he will be receiving new drug packets tomorrow at 7 pm there and after checking the material they will seal the deal. This can work as evidence.

Nandini: Okay Maddy, I understood everything. I already have the camera which I need to fit somewhere in his room where this deal will take place. Meanwhile, I will collect the documents of his illegal business and delete Manik's video. Do these files include the involvement of Harshad also?

Maddy: Yes, drug dealing in Sanjivani is a part of his illegal business, so it is there in that folder with all his partners' names and signatures. We can arrest Harshad easily.

Nandini: Okay Maddy, so everything is set. When shall I leave?

Maddy: I am sending you Dr. Sapna's address, reach there by 6 pm today, and she will take you there.

Nandini: Okay, done. Thanks again, Maddy. Tomorrow after collecting all the evidence, I will call you, you can enter with your force at that time.

Maddy: Sure Nandu, Bye, take care.

Nandini: Bye Maddy.

Nandini was determined to destroy Trilok and Harshad and get Manik out of this mess. Luckily today evening Manik had surgery to perform and even Dhruv was busy with patients, otherwise, Nandini had to answer a lot of questions from them. She simply messaged them saying that one of her patients is not doing well and they have called her there to her home. So she is going there. She will be back probably by tomorrow evening. Nandini left at 5.30 pm to reach Dr. Sapna's place.

Evening 6.30 pm, Trilok's place...

Trilok: Good evening Dr. Sapna. and you are Dr. Nandini, right?

Nandini: Yes Mr. Chaurasia, I am Dr. Nandini, I am here for your wife. Dr. Sapna has told me about her condition. I don't think it is very serious, I will give her some medicines and I need to observe her for 48 hours to see the effects of those medicines on her body.

Trilok: Do whatever is necessary doctor. You have my full permission.

Sapna: Come, Dr. Nandini, I will take you to her and then I will leave.

Trilok: Yes, please take her.

Nandini and Sapna went there in Preeti's room. After introducing them both, Sapna left. Nandini started checking on her, she gave her some required medicines. While talking to Preeti she understood that Preeti is a good girl and is completely unaware of Trilok's illegal works. Nandini messaged Maddy to bring Preeti's parents here tomorrow after Trilok gets arrested. Someone has to be there to take care of her.

On the other side after finishing the surgery, Manik came out and saw Nandini's message. Though she had stated the reason, still he felt a little restless as if something was wrong. He didn't understand why but he was feeling worried for her. But he had no other option other than waiting and praying for her to her Aiyappa. That's what he did, he prayed to Aiyappa to look after her well-being. Dhruv also saw the message and felt something fishy. He got the idea that maybe it was time for the climax.

So how is Maddy and Nandini's plan?

The next chapter will be the execution of the plan and checkmate...

Will Nandini be safe???