Chapter 8

Flashback continues...

All six of them went to Paharpur. It was a small beautiful village beside a big forest area with hills nearby. But, there were not much modern facilities, even mobile network was very weak. After a week of reaching there one day all of them went to visit the jungle. While coming back Manan lost their way as they had gone very deep inside. It was almost evening time making it difficult to find their way back. While looking around they saw a cottage there. They thought to check there and found an old couple there doing some puja. Nandini knew they are old people, won't let them stay together if they tell they are not married. So she told them

Nandini: Aunty we are doctors, myself Nandini, and he is my husband Manik, we have come to the local village hospital for treating the people. We came to visit the jungle, but lost our way, can we stay here tonight?

Manik was shocked listening to the word husband, but it sounded so good to him. He understood why she did so.

Aunty: Sure beta, you can stay here. Today is very auspicious day, I am doing this puja for long life of my husband. At the end of the puja he will put this Vermilion (which was near the feet of the idol) in my hairline which is the blessing of the God. It's time for that.

Then that old uncle filled Aunty's hairline.

Aunty: Beta as you have come here on this auspicious day, you also fill your wife's hairline. God will bless you both.

Manan were shocked. It's not that they didn't want to marry, but suddenly like this was shocking for them.

Nandini: But Aunty, I didn't do the puja. Then...

Aunty: No worries beta, this Vermilion is blessing of God, you can put this. (To Manik) Take beta, fill her hairline.

With trembling hands Manik took the Vermilion and looked at Nandini who nodded giving him permission. Manik filled Nandini's hairline while Nandini closed her eyes to feel the moment. It was a wonderful feeling for both of them. Looking at Nandini with the Vermilion which made her look more beautiful Manik felt something in his heart, the feeling that Nandini is his, no one can take her away from him. And for Nandini, it was an unexplainable moment when Manik filled her hairline, she was already his from heart, but wearing this symbol of his name gave her an unknown happiness.

Aunty: Now the puja is done beta, you guys come inside, have this prasad, then you can sleep in this room.

Manan had the prasad. Manik after trying a lot could call Cabir and informed him that they are safe and will return tomorrow morning. It was the time to sleep. Manik was wondering where to sleep, when Nandini seeing his hesitation spoke

Nandini: Manik, we can share the bed. I trust you completely. Moreover from today I am your wife, though it wasn't a proper marriage, still I value this Vermilion a lot and I consider you as my husband. So, don't hesitate, come here.

Manik wad overwhelmed with her words and trust on him.

Manik: Nandini, even I value this Vermilion a lot and I am very proud and happy to be called your husband.

Then they slept hugging each other.

Next morning they bid bye to the old couple and came back to the village. Their friends were relieved to see them back. But Mukti noticed the Vermilion and asked them. They told whatever happened.

Cabir: I think since you have already applied Vermilion, you two have got married already. It was all God's wish to bring you together, so why don't you guys get married here itself with all the rituals again? We know you guys love each other a lot and are already married with God's blessings. You guys can live as a couple here as we will be here for a year. Think about it, I just said because you guys have already married, maybe because of circumstances, but it happened, rest is up to both of you.