Chapter 11

The next morning Nandini received a call from Cabir.

Nandini: Bhai, Good morning, how are you?

Cabir: I am good Nandi, you tell me. I am very much tense about you.

Nandini: Bhai, nothing will happen. I didn't tell anyone the entire truth except you. Maa, Baba, and Aryaman just know the name of the person behind all this and that person has created a bigger mess this time, nothing more than that. Only you know what mess it is and what is my plan to save Manik.

Cabir: I know Nandi, that's why I am more worried. But, I know this too that you won't stop until you do what you have thought. So, I will just tell you to be cautious, take care, don't harm yourself. They are very dangerous, so take each step very carefully.

Nandini: I will Bhai, you don't worry. Just give me strength and wish me luck. I will handle the rest.

Cabir: My wishes are always with you Nandi, go, save your love.

Nandini: Thanks Bhai. Bye.

Cabir: Bye.

As soon as she cut the call, she heard the doorbell, and opening the door she found her best friend Dhruv standing there with a smile. She immediately gave him a tight hug and got him inside.

Nandini: How are you Dhruv, where were you?

Dhruv: I had gone to check on one of my patients. He was serious and he was admitted to a nearby hospital since Sanjivani was far. He is stable now. I heard everything from Manik.

Nandini: Thank you Dhruv for taking care of Manik in my absence. Mukti told me how you supported Manik at each step. I don't have words to express my gratitude.

Dhruv: Don't thank me, Nandini, I told Manik that when you will be back, I will tell you that I have taken care of Manik well. But Nandini, can't you tell me the matter? I understand that you don't want to make Manik tense or involve him in any problem, but you can tell me, Nandini. I can help you if needed.

Nandini: Thanks for asking Dhruv. When I left it was another issue, that time I wasn't aware of who is behind everything. But, this time it is more serious and trust me I am dealing with it my way.

Dhruv: Then at least tell me why did you leave.

Nandini thought for a while and then told him about Mr. Saxena. Dhruv was shocked.

Dhruv: It was Alya's father? But, you told me there is someone behind this which you didn't know. Who's that?

Nandini (sighing): Dhruv, it's Alya. All these years I thought her to be innocent and I thought she really loved Manik. Even I felt guilty at one point of time for coming into their lives. But yesterday night when she told me it was all her plan, I was shocked. Ashok uncle just followed her plan. How can she think of killing Raj uncle, the father of Manik whom she claims to love? And this time too, she has created a very big mess. She doesn't love Manik, she is obsessed with him or maybe she always thought they will marry and I came in between because Manik loved me and she couldn't take it that Manik choose me over her.

Dhruv: I can't believe that Alya can stoop so low. You know, all these years she tried to convince Manik to believe that letter, she told so many bad words about you, but Manik never believed that letter. He has immense trust in you and I know you will save Manik from whatever problem he is in. Since you don't want to share it, I won't force you, but if you need any help ever, I am there, remember that.

Nandini: Thanks Dhruv, I know I can count on you. Just one request Dhruv, don't tell Manik anything. If he comes to know that Alya was responsible for our separation, he won't be able to control himself. He won't spare her for this, he can't behave as if nothing happened if he knows the truth. Alya should know that I am still acting to be Aryaman's fiance in front of all. You understand, right? So, please...