Chapter 49- The Coronation

On a clear evening, as the stars sparkled in the sky, I reached out to Iroh via radio. "Hey, General, it's been a while since we've last talked. I've been missing you so much,"

Iroh's warm tone resonated through the airwaves, "Fara, we talked a few days ago, but I miss you too. Every day feels incomplete without you by my side. How have you been holding up?"

I took a deep breath, my heart heavy with concern, "It's been tough. Korra was supposed to arrive in Republic City last night, but her father informed us that she claimed to be here for six months, and I'm really worried about her. I was hoping your crew could help with a search party."

Without hesitation, Iroh replied, "Of course, I'll rally somd of my men and head out immediately. It's the least I can do for you and for Korra."

"Thank you, Iroh."

Iroh's determination was unwavering, "Absolutely, Fara. No matter the distance between us, our love is strong. I can't wait for the day we're reunited and can hold each other again."

A soft smile touched my lips, "Me neither. Until then, know that you're always in my heart. Stay safe out there."

"I promise I will," Iroh assured me, "And know that I'll always be thinking of you."

My heart swelled with love for Iroh, the distance between us feeling more poignant than ever. I love you so much," I whispered, trying to convey all the emotions that overwhelmed me.

"And I love you, Fara. Always and forever," his tender words echoed through the radio waves, wrapping around me like a warm embrace.

But then, commotion erupted on the other side of the line, and I could sense the urgency in Iroh's voice, "I've got to go babe, but I love you, okay?"

My throat tightened with emotion, "Okay. Bye, Iroh."

As the connection ended, tears welled up in my eyes. The reality of being apart from Iroh hit me harder than I anticipated. We had been separated for what felt like an eternity, but in our hearts, nothing had changed. We never broke up; our love remained despite the distance.

Meelo passed by the radio room as he saw me slightly crying. "What's wrong, sister?"

I looked up at Meelo as I wiped my tears. "Nothing, Meelo, they're happy tears. Really."

"Happy tears?" Meelo questioned. "Why would crying be happy tears? They're sad tears."

I chuckled, gently picking up Meelo and settling him on my lap. "Hey, remember when I said I'd tell you about the day I came in laughing in the North Pole when Korra lost her bending?"

"Uh yeah, that's all I've been thinking about for the past three years!" Meelo exclaimed.

"Mako confessed his feelings to Korra, and she completely turned him down." I wiped a tear from my eye. "Oh, that day was hilarious."

Meelo blankly stared at me. "That's it?"

I stopped laughing. "Yeah, that's it."

Meelo jumped off my lap and pointed a finger at me. "You made me wait three years for that?!"

"I thought it was funny in the moment!"

Meelo thought for a second. "It does seem like something that would be funny in the moment. I agree."

"Exactly,"

A faint knock was heard on the door, it was Dad. "Sorry to interrupt your bonding, but Fara, I'm headed to City Hall for the coronation, would you like to join me?"

"Awe, I'd love to, Dad."

"Can I come, daddy?" Meelo asked.

"No!"