*CHAPTER FOUR*

-Chapter Four-

Truths in the Shadows

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

San wandered through his mansion, a glass of whiskey in hand. The vast halls and dimly lit corridors were filled with shadows, and the only sounds were the echo of his footsteps on the marble floor and the occasional ticking of an ancient clock.

The encounter with Wooyoung had left a lingering impression. His delicate beauty and perceptiveness had intrigued San, awakening something within him that had long remained dormant. It wasn't just Wooyoung's physical beauty that had captured his attention; it was the way the omega's perceptive eyes seemed to see through the layers of his carefully constructed facade.

San had always been the master of his domain, controlling the intricate web of power and secrecy that defined his world. Few dared to challenge his authority, but Wooyoung had done just that, even if unintentionally. The omega's presence had ignited a spark of curiosity within San, a desire to unravel the secrets that lurked beneath the surface of the city.

The city's underworld was a complex and treacherous place, and San had thrived in it for years. He had built an empire on the foundation of mystery and control, and he was not about to let anyone threaten it. Wooyoung's connection to his world remained a puzzle, one that San was determined to solve.

As he took another sip of whiskey, he contemplated the arrangement of white lilies and black roses that Wooyoung had created. It was a reflection of the duality that defined his own existence, a combination of light and darkness that he both embraced and fought against.

San knew of the baggage that Wooyoung carried. He, too, had experienced the weight of familial expectations and the burdens of legacy. His own father, even in his last moments, had reminded him of the responsibilities that came with their family name. It was a heavy inheritance of power and secrets, and San had learned to navigate it with the grace of a predator.

But Wooyoung was tied to his family's business now, whether he knew the extent of it or not, and it needed to be sorted out. The omega was unknowingly caught in a web of complexity, and it was clear to San that he had a role to play in untangling the threads of Wooyoung's life. As much as he was drawn to the omega's beauty and enigmatic aura, he couldn't ignore the sense of responsibility that had taken root within him.

The debt that the omega's father was involved in was a significant piece of this intricate puzzle. San understood the gravity of such matters all too well. Crossing paths with San's family business had doomed the omega to a lifelong debt that would never be fulfilled. It was a tangled web of obligations, secrecy, and danger that Wooyoung had unwittingly become a part of. San was acutely aware of the challenges that lay ahead, and he couldn't turn a blind eye to the intricacies of their intertwined fates.

The only problem now was how he would secure Wooyoung's debt to be fulfilled.

As he sipped his whiskey and gazed out into the enveloping darkness beyond the mansion's windows, the heavy wooden door creaked open. In walked Jongho, his expression tired and glum, as if the weight of the world rested on his shoulders. He mumbled a tired "hey, hyung" as he rubbed his eyes, seeking some relief from the exhaustion that clung to him.

San didn't turn to look at his younger brother, his gaze still fixed on the night sky outside. He brought the glass up to his lips again, taking a long, much-needed sip of the amber liquid. His voice, however, was nonchalant. "You're late."

Jongho's footsteps echoed as he approached his older brother. He leaned against the wall, his body language revealing the fatigue that clung to him. "I had to make sure Wooyoung made it home safe."