*CHAPTER SIX*

-Chapter Six-

Whispers of Power

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The library was bathed in a soft glow, the flickering candlelight casting shadows on the heavy leather books that lined the shelves. Yunho, Mingi, San, and Hongjoong were deeply engrossed in their research, their eyes scanning the aged parchments and faded ink for any clue that might lead them to their elusive enemy. San stood at the head of the table, his expression thoughtful as he studied the maps spread out before them.

"Hold on... take a look at this," Mingi exclaimed suddenly, pointing to a particular spot on the map. The beta's finger traced a series of winding lines that seemed to crisscross beneath the city. "This map here... It's not just a map of the city. It's a map of the underground tunnels that run beneath it."

San leaned in, his eyes narrowing as he studied the map. "Are you saying there's a network of tunnels beneath the city?"

The beta nodded eagerly. "Yes, according to this map, there's a hidden entrance not far from here. If we can access these tunnels, we might be able to move around undetected."

San turned to Hongjoong, who was sitting in the corner of the room, engrossed in his phone. The alpha called out to get his attention. "Hyung," he said, noticing the omega's flushed face. "Your face is red."

Hongjoong looked up, startled, a red flush dusting his cheeks. "Sorry, I... I was... It was just Seonghwa..." He trailed off, clearing his throat and putting his phone down.

Yunho and Mingi exchanged amused glances, the alpha wiggling his eyebrows suggestively at the beta, both trying to suppress their giggles.

"Oh, speaking of Seonghwa hyung, let him know what's going on," San continued, getting back to the task at hand. "We'll set up an undercover mission to investigate the tunnels further."

𓈒⠀𓂃⠀⠀˖⠀𓇬⠀˖⠀⠀𓂃⠀𓈒

As Wooyoung sat in the kitchen, cradling his mug of warm tea, Seonghwa bustled around, expertly plating various Korean dishes on the kitchen island. With a smile, Seonghwa took a seat beside Wooyoung, the aroma of the food filling the air.

"I guess San's having another late-night meeting with the others," Seonghwa remarked, glancing towards the clock. "He's been so concentrated on this case. He must really care about you."

Wooyoung returned the smile, feeling a sense of gratitude for the concern and care shown by everyone in the mansion. He took a spoonful of rice into his mouth, savouring the familiar flavours. "Thank you for this wonderful meal," he said, genuinely appreciative of Seonghwa's efforts to make him feel at home.

"Wooyoung?" Seonghwa's voice broke through Wooyoung's thoughts, pulling him back to the present. He looked up at the raven-haired alpha, his expression curious.

The omega hummed softly as he put his spoon down, giving Seonghwa his full attention. There was a hint of concern in the alpha's gaze, and Wooyoung couldn't help but feel a flutter of apprehension in his chest.

Seonghwa continued, his words carefully measured. "Your scent has been a lot sweeter recently. At first, I thought it was maybe because you've grown comfortable here. But it's almost too sweet that my own alpha is reacting to it. And I don't doubt that the others in this house are too."

Wooyoung's heart skipped a beat as he processed Seonghwa's words. He raised his wrist up to his nose, confirming the alpha's observation. His scent was indeed much sweeter, like fresh-pollinated roses, a stark contrast to its usual earthy undertones.