Chapter 2: Orange Sunsets

🃏

There are only a few things Taehyung is afraid of: horror movies, bugs, being forced to eat anything too spicy for his taste-but now, as he stares at his own reflection in the mirror, seeing the red-purplish bruise on his neck, Taehyung feels like he's beginning to also be terrified of himself.

Taehyung's past bruises were solely from fighting other men's vicious fists, so this is the first time he's had a bruise from someone's lips, and the oddest thing about it is that Taehyung didn't even resist.

Why?

How could a stranger he'd just met and had just been with for roughly less than 48 hours have such an impact on him?

Was it because of their first encounter, when Jeongguk saw him in his most vulnerable state at the gym's indoor pool-half-naked and drenched, with all of his scars and wounds on full display?

Was it because of the watch Taehyung never really imagined he'd be able to touch?

Was it his scent that's still here, lingering on him even after he'd taken a bath?

Jeon Jeongguk is an enigma to Taehyung, an odd riddle he can't seem to solve. He came into him like a hurricane, wreaking even more destruction in Taehyung's already crumbling world.

He never listens, and he always does what he wants, yet in the days, within those less-than-48-hours, since he entered Taehyung's life, Jeongguk made sure he was there when Taehyung expected no one to be on his side.

Jeon Jeongguk- the man who threatened to end Taehyung's misery with just a fucking pen in his hand.

"You'll give me anything, you say?" Taehyung murmured absentmindedly, as if his reflection in the mirror had been replaced by Jeongguk's visage. "Would you then burn this world and have it blow to fucking smithereens for me? I'm really-really sick of it." Taehyung wonders as he touches the bruise Jeongguk left on his skin.

Ah, this is probably why he thinks he is more afraid of himself than Jeongguk.

With somebody like Jeongguk offering to give him whatever he wants and needs, Taehyung feels like he's been given a gun with endless rounds to bring in a sword fight.

'I don't want anything from you- instead, I want you. You by my side, you- all the time. That wouldn't be too much, right?'

How convenient it is for him that Jeongguk happens to desire the one thing he has to give.

For the first time in his life, Taehyung felt that luck was on his side.

***

.

.

.

It's been three days since Jeongguk last showed up at school after leaving Taehyung's house on Monday. Their teacher informed them that Jeongguk had called in sick, something Taehyung couldn't possibly believe.

Alphas hardly ever get sick, and even 'ruts' at their age only last a day, so Taehyung, as much as he hates to admit it, is intrigued about what happened to Jeongguk.

Besides that, Jang Minho also hasn't shown himself to school for some reason, and his three lackeys appear to have ceased harassing Taehyung-which is unusual, but Taehyung doesn't really care about them; in fact, he's rather pleased that they're not here to bother him.

Jeongguk, on the other hand, has made quite an impression since his arrival, thus Taehyung quickly felt his absence when he stopped showing up.

It's as if his world has suddenly gone silent.