Chapter 5: Big mouths and Loose tongues

🃏

This is crazy-well, Taehyung knows that already, but this? This is a different kind of crazy.

"Did you bring your own towels? If not, just let me know. The bathroom's over there if you want to take a shower. Make yourself at home, okay? I'll just head out for a bit." Taesoo says, smiling as he walks towards the door, bringing a cigarette and his rusty old lighter.

"Thank you, Mr. Kim," Jeongguk replies, bowing slightly to Taehyung's father.

"Heh... Surprise?" Jeongguk then turns to Taehyung, beaming widely as soon as they're alone, only for Taehyung to grab him by the collar of his shirt and drag him into his room.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Jeongguk?" Taehyung asks, his teeth gritted.

"Having a sleepover?" Jeongguk shrugs, which just irritates Taehyung even more.

"You can't be here, okay? What the hell?! Have you seen this place-this room-my room? How will you even sleep here, let alone stay for a few days? It's impossible!" Taehyung states quietly, so his father will not overhear them.

"Well, you have a bed, a blanket, four pillows-I can live with two, thank you; I don't see why I can't stay here, Tae. If anything, your room looks cozier than mine-plus you're here, which makes it a hundred times better than where I used to sleep." Jeongguk says, going through his silly excuses, counting them with his fingers as Taehyung slowly huffs out a deep breath, trying to control his temper since his father could come back inside at any second.

"Oh god, I can't deal with this right now." Taehyung pauses, pacing back and forth before settling once again in front of Jeongguk. "So, tell me what happened? Did you really get into any trouble at home, or is this just one of your stupid ways to piss me off?" Taehyung asks, his eyes flashing red at the other alpha in his room.

"Have I ever piss you off-"

"You piss me off all the damn time, Jeongguk, and you're doing it again right now; so can you just tell me what happened? If you're really planning on staying here, then you better give me a good reason why I should take you in," Taehyung says, hands on his waist, standing up straight, demanding a reasonable answer from Jeongguk.

"Well..." Jeongguk pauses, looking away from Taehyung while rubbing the back of his neck. "There's a stranger in the place where I stay... H-he..." Jeongguk stops again, silently taking a deep breath, and this may be the first time Taehyung has seen Jeongguk run out of clever words to say, which piqued his interest, but he doesn't really want to pry too much as well.

"That stranger, is he a bad person?" Taehyung asks, his eyes fixed on Jeongguk.

"Yeah... He is." Jeongguk replies, meeting Taehyung's gaze this time.

"You don't like him?"

"I don't. I hate him... Being in the same house as him makes me feel uncomfortable."

"More uncomfortable than being here? We have no AC, the heater barely works, our fridge's older than I am, and if you're going to stay here, you might have to sleep on the floor because I won't be giving up my bed for you. Will you be okay with all that?" Taehyung asks, feeling his heart skip a beat as Jeongguk's face instantly lights up.

"H-hah..." Jeongguk's breath rattles, and his lips twisting up into his usual bright smile. "This place seems a lot warmer than what I'm used to anyways, so yeah...That's fine- I'll be fine," Jeongguk adds as he sits on the floor, and as Taehyung looks down on him from this angle, he cannot help but picture Jeongguk as an actual cute little puppy, wagging its tail to its owner. "So this is where I'll sleep?" Jeongguk asks.