Chapter 7: Mood Indigo

🃏

It's now a few minutes past five o'clock in the morning, and Taehyung is still up, unable to sleep for some reason. He's resting against the small window right next to the kitchen, facing nothing but their neighbor's dreadful wall.

The night skies are beginning to get light, but the stars are still visible outside. "Mood indigo," Taehyung whispered under his breath, the words spilling out of his mouth before he could even think of why he said it- ah, maybe he simply felt like it.

It's cold- and maybe too quiet for his liking. He keeps on thinking about Jeongguk, who had cried in his arms all night while sleeping.

Taehyung isn't the type of guy who is easily moved by someone else's tears; he can't even remember the last time he wept, despite the fact that he has plenty of reasons to be depressed, and yet he is strangely feeling gloomy right at this moment. He's feeling things he shouldn't be feeling, and he's starting to care about someone he claimed he was only tolerating for his own benefit.

'Why the hell did he cry?' Taehyung laments, resting his chin on his palm, shifting his gaze to the still dim blue skies, taking a silent deep breath as he hears some shuffling sounds coming from his room, followed by a series of light footsteps heading his direction.

"I woke up and you're not beside me... Why are you up so early, mhm?" Jeongguk asks with his lazy bedroom voice, wrapping his arms around Taehyung, hugging him from behind with his chin resting on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Just because." Taehyung replies, his gaze still locked onto the skies.

"Do we have anything planned for today?" Jeongguk asks, his eyes closed, leaning almost his full weight on Taehyung.

"I don't think so... Just go back to bed if you're still sleepy." Taehyung sighs, swinging his arm up, playfully ruffling Jeongguk's messy hair.

"Come with me... Let's sleep in more." Jeongguk murmurs, placing chaste wet kisses on Taehyung's neck before faltering backwards, slackly leading Taehyung back to the latter's room, where they both collapse heavily on the bed.

"Why are you so clingy?" Taehyung says as if he's complaining, but his tone doesn't sound like it at all, if anything, he sounded more endeared than annoyed.

"Mhm... Am I?" Jeongguk chuckles, his lips on Taehyung's face as he puts his arm around the latter's waist. "You're so warm, Tae... Let's sleep like this, okay?" he adds, breathing steadily again.

Taehyung exhales deeply as he lifts his gaze to the ceiling, his body moving on its own once again, also throwing his arms around Jeongguk.

"Are you cold?" Taehyung asks.

"Not anymore."

"I told you I'm not good at comforting people..." Taehyung mumbled, feeling Jeongguk's lips move down to his neck.

"Hmm... Do I look like someone who needs comfort?" Jeongguk asks, his tone lower and sterner than earlier.

"Maybe... Or perhaps it's just all in my head," Taehyung responds, noticing Jeongguk's now tight grip on his shirt.

"Did I do something weird last night?" Jeongguk asks.

"Everything about last night was weird-" Taehyung pauses, suddenly remembering what they did here in his bed last night.

"Thought you'd say that." Jeongguk idly replies.

But then, Taehyung once again remembered the way Jeongguk cried and the desperate pleas he uttered in his sleep.