Chapter 6: The Exception

🃏

'I'll keep using you to get whatever life hasn't given me...'

"Why the hell did I even say that?" Taehyung laments, grabbing the edge of the counter as he falls to his knees, thinking about Jeongguk again now that the latter isn't with him.

It's been a few hours since Jeongguk left the coffee shop, and it's almost closing time, so there aren't any more people inside. Taehyung should be cleaning up by now, but he's lost in his own thoughts, thinking about the things he said to Jeongguk earlier.

'Was that alright?'

'Who the fuck would even agree to that kind of deal?'

'Should I just take it back?'

'I should... Knowing that guy, he'll probably take it seriously.'

'It's not like he's one of those who have done me wrong.'

'But he belongs to a completely different world than I am.'

'No, what am I thinking? What do I even want to do with that guy?'

'Use him? For what? As a human credit card?'

'It's not like he can buy us a new house- oh, maybe he can... Should I ask him? No, what the fuck?'

"Oh, there you are... Pfft, I almost thought nobody was here."

Taehyung came out from his stupor when he heard Lee Soo-hyuk's voice; he then turned his gaze up, catching sight of the man's face looming over him, peering from the other side of the counter.

"H-hah... S-Soo-hyuk-ssi... It's been awhile, hi." Taehyung says as he awkwardly rises up, brushing the non-existent dust off his lap. "What- I mean, should I get you your usual?" Taehyung inquires.

"Ah, yes please..." Soo-hyuk says with a small smile on his face, rubbing the back of his neck, while Taehyung smiles back at him before proceeding to make his coffee.

.

.

.

"S-so uhm... Taehyung-ssi..." Soo-hyuk speaks up again, handing Taehyung his card as the latter sets his coffee and sandwich on the counter.

"Yes?" Taehyung replies, processing Soo-hyuk's payment.

"Are you okay now?" Soo-hyuk asks.

"Huh? Of course I am... Pfft... Do I look sick, Soo-hyuk-ssi?" Taehyung chuckles, finding Soo-hyuk's question a little unusual.

"No- not at all... It's just that, you had that nasty burn the last time I saw you, so I was wondering if- y'know, you're fine now?" Soo-hyuk asks as Taehyung gives him his card back.

"Oh, that... It was almost healed when you gave me an ointment, so yes, I'm completely okay now," Taehyung responds, puzzled as to why Soo-hyuk appears more nervous than usual.

"T-that's good to know... Uhm... Thanks for this, by the way." Soo-hyuk pauses, collecting the cup of coffee and sandwich from the counter, appearing as if he's about to leave, but instead he just stares at Taehyung again.

"Do you have any additional order-"

"That guy- the alpha from last time, are you going out with him, Taehyung-ssi?" Soo-hyuk suddenly asks, which catches Taehyung off guard.