Chapter 22

The silent wide-eyed staring was starting to intimidate you. When you could not take it any longer, you quickly rolled off of Dream, who was still unresponsive–it was getting a tad creepy, also worrying–, and onto the floor. Then, you scrambled underneath the couch, jumping up to hide on the webbing above you. Your nonexistent heart was racing. Is this what it felt like to be in a horror movie?!

You saw Blue's feet straighten and assumed he stood. Then, he crouched down and you saw his face appear in your view. His smile turned down into a slight frown. You became nervous when he did not say anything, looking at you thoughtfully. You faintly heard Ink gag again, before he spoke.

"Ho-How dare you?! That was so awful!" he yelled, incensed. You felt yourself scowl, fear set aside in favor of annoyance. Maybe Dream's reaction had made you feel guilty–Blue's reaction just left you stunned–, but you certainly did not feel bad seeing Ink's. He had been asking for it.

"You deserved it! Besides, what are you gonna do about it?!" you shouted. Being reminded of your reasons to dislike him and feeling safe in your spot had made you a bit bolder. Ink scoffed.

"I didn't deserve anything! And you should really keep your mouth shut. Do I need to remind you that you're just a doll, and I have magic?" he sneered. The atmosphere was stifling. You could feel the buzz of magic that tainted the air and reinforced his threat. You stiffened, crawling further back. He was not going to do anything, was he? This was getting dangerous. You watched Blue stand back up, turning to face the direction Ink was in.

"INK, IT WAS JUST A PRANK. THERE IS NO NEED TO GET VIOLENT. WHY DON'T YOU GO TO YOUR ROOM TO CALM DOWN?" he requested firmly. although he worded it nicely, you did not think it was a request. You could not see their faces, but you could imagine Blue's frown had deepened in annoyance. You felt some relief, at least this meant Ink could not do anything to you, though Blue had not said what he would do either.

"Seriously? You're going to let them get away with it?!" he said incredulously. You doubted that. You heard Blue sigh heavily.

"NOW, I DID NOT SAY THAT, DID I? AND PLEASE, GO TO YOUR ROOM," he repeated, frustration in his voice. Yikes, you really were in trouble, weren't you? You did not know what their responses to the ice cream were going to be initially, but Dream's reaction made you realize that sabotaging their food was probably not the best idea.

"I'm not a kid, you can't just send me to my room," Ink grit out. You imagined he was balling his hands into fists, his eyelights glowing, red targets of rage.

"INK," Blue stressed, and you saw his foot begin tapping. He must have given Ink the look, because Ink cursed something under his breath before you heard footsteps receding in the distance. Well, shit, it seemed you were the cause of a quarrel, again. You had not meant to do that.

You were startled when a blue glow surrounded you and abruptly you were being pulled out from underneath the couch, away from your hiding place. Double shit! You completely forgot about gravity magic! When you were dropped into Blue's waiting palms you let out a nervous chuckle.

"...I didn't mean to?" you squeaked hesitantly, shrinking in on yourself. How embarrassing. Blue gave you an unimpressed look, "I really didn't mean for anything bad to happen to you or Dream, I didn't think about how you'd both react! Honestly!" you pleaded, clasping your hands and giving the equivalent of puppy dog eyes. Blue raised a bonebrow.

"AND INK?" he inquired, a touch of curiosity in his tone. You huffed, suddenly in a bad mood again, crossing your arms and lifting your head defiantly.

"He asked for it! If I didn't do something for revenge, I'd have gone insane!" you complained. You refused to say you did not mean for anything to happen to him. He was the true target all along after all.