Chapter 26

Error reached a hand up, tugging out some more strings from his eye sockets. You tensed, a tad wary he was up to something. You saw Blue flinch, his eyelights dimming with anxiety. You did not blame him for his response, considering Error had just threatened him. You heard Error scoff as he noticed your reactions, rolling his eyelights. Thankfully, all he did was flick his hand to make a swing of strings for him to sit on.

You slumped back into his scarf, feeling slightly guilty about your reaction. You did not feel too guilty though. With how Error was acting earlier, being somewhat cautious was likely a good idea. You did not want to fear Error like you used to, but it was hard not to feel just a bit afraid after watching how close he had been to killing Blue. That, and the other incidents you tried hard to forget were making it difficult.

Regardless, you were determined never to abandon him and to never let him feel you would again. You still felt incredibly guilty for using his feelings for you to save Blue, but... you could not stand to see him die and know it was because of you. Error's willingness to spare Blue for your sake, as reluctant as he was, showed he did care. It reinforced your belief that he needed you, or at least your support, as much as you needed him.

Tentatively, Blue spoke up to try and ease some of the tension, "Umm... Do You Want A Taco? I Could Make Some..." he said nervously, posture stiff. Wait. Was he talking about the Friendship Tacos he's known for?! Damn it, you could not even eat any if he did make them! Error scowled, crossing his arms.

"I don't want your food poisoning," he spat, tapping a phalange impatiently on his elbow. You saw Blue wince. Ouch, his tacos surely were not that bad. If it was not anything like Taco Bell and since Dream and Ink liked it–and did not die–, he would not have to worry. Although, magical skeletons probably did not need to use the bathroom anyways... "Just get to the point and stop stalling," Error snarled.

Blue straightened further, expression taught with seriousness and apprehension, "WHEN YOU TOOK A... BREAK FROM DESTROYING AFTER OUR ENCOUNTER IN FELLSWAP 243 IN WHICH YOU LEFT INJURED," he started, before pausing as he stared down at his hands, expression perplexed.

Your eyes 'widened'. Was he talking about your first time seeing Error injured? It was the only time you remember him taking a 'break', at least that you were aware of. It was a memorable event since it was the first time you had seen anyone injured up close, and because seeing someone bleed blood and dust was just... a baffling sight. It was harder to forget when that someone was somebody you knew personally.

Blue's face eventually hardened with resolve after he took a moment to think. He looked back up, frowning, "...INK HAD GONE STRAIGHT TO MAKING ANOTHER AU. I HAD DECIDED I WOULD TAKE A WALK AROUND THE BASE TO CLEAR MY MIND. WHEN I STOPPED TO LOOK AROUND, I NOTICED I HAD GONE MUCH FARTHER THAN I HAD INTENDED.

I WAS READY TO TURN BACK AROUND AND WALK BACK WHEN I SUDDENLY HEARD THE SOUND OF SOMETHING TEARING. I WAS ALARMED AND TURNED TO THE SOUND, AFRAID I HAD ACCIDENTLY TRIGGERED SOMETHING.

INSTEAD, I SAW A GROUP OF AUS NEAR EACH OTHER... TWISTING AND SWELLING, BEFORE THEY WERE EACH RIPPED IN HALF. FRIGHTENED THAT YOU HAD RECOVERED ALREADY AND WERE GOING ON A DESTROYING SPREE OR SOMEHOW DESTROYING MULTIPLE AUS AT ONCE, I RAN BACK TO WARN THE OTHERS.

BY THE TIME I RETURNED, DREAM HAD ALREADY LEFT TO SPREAD POSITIVITY. SO, I RAN UPSTAIRS TO ALERT INK. WHEN I OPENED THE ART ROOM'S DOOR IN A PANIC AND SHARED MY CONCERNS, INK HAD JUST... STARED AT ME BLANKLY.

WHEN HE SNAPPED OUT OF IT, HE WAVED ME OFF... TELLING ME IT WAS NORMAL AND HAPPENED OFTEN. I WAS SHOCKED, SO I ASKED HIM WHY HE HAD NOT TOLD US, AND WHY IT WAS HAPPENING.

HE HAD LOOKED ANNOYED, BEFORE SHRUGGING, SAYING "THERE WAS NO REASON TO". WHEN I DEMANDED TO KNOW WHAT THAT MEANT, HE IGNORED ME. FRUSTRATED, I HAD GONE TO MY ROOM TO THINK.