Chapter 25

You tried leaping from Blue's scarf to get to Error, but his hand pressed you back into the fabric. Irritated, you glared at him. Why was he stopping you?! Error was right there, and you needed to get to him! You were not sure how much longer you could take being separated from him by a mere few feet.

Apparently oblivious to your anger, you felt Blue lean back and saw bewilderment on his face. His previously melancholic mood had gone, pushed to the far corners of his mind at the unexpected appearance of Error. He openly gaped, before shaking his head and blinking rapidly.

"E-ERROR! W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING H-HERE?!" he stuttered, alarmed. You did not blame him for being shocked, you would have felt that way too if you did not know the Destroyer of Worlds personally and he broke into your house in the middle of an emotional crisis.

But you were more annoyed that he was stopping you from reaching Error. It had already been long enough. You dreaded having to spend any more time around Ink and dealing with his shenanigans. You were even willing to deal with Killer if it meant avoiding him.

As you looked at Error more clearly, unable to do anything else, you noticed he looked far worse than you had last seen him. There was an almost crazed look in his eyelights, and the numerous boxes around him, glitching about, were popping and crackling harshly.

It sounded like a mix of radio static and a bonfire on a loop. It was loud enough that you did not know if you would have been able to hear Blue if not for his increased volume. Error's glare intensified as he took a step closer, his figure tense as he fought to restrain himself.

"Obviously, I'm here for Stitches, abomination. So hand. Them. Over," he demanded, flexing his hands with a scowl. Blue appeared surprised, taking a step back involuntarily. That was the wrong move. Error's expression darkened, seemingly misunderstanding Blue's reaction as refusing.

"If you won't hand them over willingly, I can always retrieve them after your nothing but dust," he growled lowly, reaching up to pull some strings from his eye sockets. Uh oh. You did want Blue to hand you over, but you did not want him to die. Besides Dream, he was the kindest to you during your stay with them.

You would not have been able to get the rainbow ketchup for your prank without him. Plus, he gave you a bath. You would not have needed one if he had taken you with him, sure, but that bath and the mostly successful prank on Ink was more than worth it.

And the bath had made the experience less terrible. You thought faintly that you should ask Error for a new Mr. Duckington... you kinda missed the rubber duck. The bath at least helped you forget temporarily, but you were sure you were going to have nightmares about that event. Even thinking about it now made shivers crawl up your spine.

Before Blue or you could say anything in response, Error flicked his hands out, sending the strings flying. Blue attempted to block the attack by raising his arms, but the strings wrapped around them. Error pulled and Blue went flying into the wall.

The impact jolted you, and you cursed internally. You knew he was angry, but could he not be more careful?! Error teleported in front of Blue, quickly snapping a hand out and holding him up by his throat before he could recover.

Blue choked, instinctively reaching up to try and pull the hands away, straining against the strings still binding his together. He struggled to make a sound, the only thing audible was gasping. His face became pale as he clawed at Error's hands desperately. Error sneered at him before turning his gaze toward you.

"Stitches, come here," he grit out, lifting his other hand to you. You hesitated, glancing worriedly at Blue. You missed Error, you really did, but you felt if you moved and left Blue alone at this moment, Error might just do something... lethal, to ensure he did not leave alive in his currently unstable state.