Episode 1.2: Separate Ways

This chapter starts with the characters having a mood of fear... they are in the world experiencing something unexpected to happen. Charlton is sad.. he had to kill the man who raised him most of his life.. and now his son is infected with what a scientist says is a zombie virus.

The teenage boy who was with Oliver tries to lighten up the mood. "So uh.. pretty bad timing considering the uh.. circumstances but.. I never got the chance to introduce myself to any of you people... uhm my name is Axel Storm.. I uh.. I'm 16 and I'm a talented driver."

C: "That's nice kid.. but I want you to know... we're in a dead world now... talent means nothing unless it's useful.."

O: "He's got a point man.. We've got to use any useful talent for granted... we can award ourselves with resources... the human evolution in this world ends here... with zombies."

Axel would reply, "Damn... that turned dark immediately.."

Charlton would chuckle.

E: "Dad.... stop the car!"

C:  "Why? are you okay Eli?!"

E: "I don't feel well anymore..!"

O: "You have to stop... his bite got him feeling very sick.. he's going to die and turn if we don't stop..!"

C: "Don't say that.."

E: "Just pull over..!"

Charlton does what his son wants for himself. He pulls over the car and grabs Eli.

O: "We need to get somewhere in the center of this forest, the direction of the sound won't attract them towards us if we have to do this!"

M: "I got the map.. I'll get us over there!"

They'd run until they find the center.

M: "Right around here!"

Eli would fall out of Charlton's hands.

E: "Just... do it here.. Don't let me turn into a zombie dad..."

Charlton would have to point his shotgun towards his son.

O: "Wait.. aim for the head.. it's the only thing that keeps them alive.."

C: "I can't do it."

O: "I was a part of this..."

O: "My friends could've had this thing start by accident.. I'm guilty... I need to pay the price... let me shoot him.. it's difficult seeing people go out like this so I know I need to do this.. not only that but I don't want their own father doing this.."

C: "Thank you.."

He'd hand over the gun to Oliver.

O: "If you don't want to see this... you can uhm... you can go..."

M: "I can come with you.."

C: "It's fine..."

Oliver hesitates at first... but for Charlton and Eli's sakes.. he fires off the shotgun.

Charlton who is devastated, decides to mourn for his son in a proper way that he couldn't for his father. He decides to dig a grave for Eli. After he fills the grave up with dirt, Oliver's radio has a call. 

[Radio] "All People, This is a call from the United States Government. Unfortunate news for all of you is now being announced from us to the public. You may be aware of this virus originated from Houston National Laboratory in Texas. We as a government are aware this virus is now worldwide. 96% of Countries are Blacklisted, all airports are now closed for quarantine. To all in the Texas Territory, If you survive, make your way to Fort Worth immediately. To Houston residents, evacuate immediately. This is not a drill. We are dropping nuclear radiators onto Houston, to get rid of all infected in the city. We apologize for this unexpected inconvenience. I repeat, Fort Worth is the go-to city if you're seeking help. U.S Soldiers are expected to land there to assist people in need. If any other cities are full of the infected, such as Atlanta, Miami, San Francisco, Etc. Please evacuate.. we will inform you of where to go, as soon as we get the orders, Over." 

O: "Let's get to Fort Worth, guys... they'll help us."

M: "Oh my... GUYS..!"

They'd all look over to the city being wrecked with bombs.

O: "It's Napalm..."

A: "They can't be doing this... IT'S BULLSHIT..."

O: "It's happening, Axel.." 

C: "It won't make it."

A: "What?"

C: "Fort Worth won't make it.. you guys saw how rapid those things were... you really think the military will know how to deal with them? Only Scientists in Houston know how these zombies work..."

O: "If we hurry up we will get there in at least three hours... I can give them all the info.."

C: "Well tell us all this info... since you worked at the lab... you should know.. right?!"

M: "Knock it off, Charlton!"

C: "NO! MY SON DIED... and I had to watch... I'm not going to Fort Worth... Find another idea..."

Charlton would run into his car and drive off.

A: "Oh Shit..."

O: "We need to go.."