Chapter 1

I added an epilogue to the 2nd book. Be sure to check it out!

This book is a bit darker and longer than I intended. There's mentions sexual, verbal, emotional, physical, and child abuse. Violence, gore, etc.

Sorry for the wait. I hope you enjoy it!

X

I'm in hell.

Everything is wrong. And I made the mistake of agreeing to stay with the crew.

I have been working with my crewmates for five years now. Recently, I started feeling more at home with them, but now it has all gone terribly wrong.

Our captain is suddenly the Empress of the Zohra. She has always been a strong, eccentric person, so it's not particularly a surprise. That doesn't mean it's not ridiculous.

I always trusted and followed Jas, and I still believe she is the same, but I'm not sure where this all will end up.

I hate the Zohra. I do not belong here. And for some crazy reason I thought it's a good idea to stay with them.

I have people I need to look after back home. I need money. It doesn't matter what I have to do to get paid. I will do everything that I can to keep my family taken care of. But now it's a bit skewed, I don't know what I'm supposed to do to get money now.

Why did I agree to this?

Everything that happened between Jas and the man she married is all sweet and all. But where does that leave me and the others? What's our status?

I squeeze my hand on the gun in my holster as I trudge toward my room. I can't believe I was so foolish to agree to all of this. I should be back home, planning my next move to get money. Not in this hell, filled with the demons I detest.

Everyone knows that I have more or less trauma with Zohra, but they don't know the extent of it. Everyone on our ship has had awful lives after the whole alien thing. Some also had terrible lives before it happened, so it feels like nobody can ever complain. Everyone had their lives ruined, so my misery within the Zohra community is something I shouldn't complain about.

My life was by no means perfect. In fact, it was terrible when I was young, but it got better. I had finally gotten out of hell and found my way to happiness, but then the aliens took everything from me.

And the one who did it was a Zohra. One of those demonic beings that now are all around me.

I'm not a fool like the others are. I won't be blinded by these shitty theatheric acts they put on. I know more about them than the others. I know guns are generally useless against them, but I need some kind of safety blanket. It doesn't matter if it's a placebo. I just need something to feel even a little bit safer in this hell.

I can't be helpless. I never want to feel that way again. Why am I still here?

I grind my teeth as I get to my room. I check the hallway and confirm it's clear. I take my key card, open the door, and slip in.

I take in a deep breath and slide down against the door. I'm exhausted from being on my toes constantly. The worst one is definitely the huge Zohra. Seeing him made me start seeing nightmares again.