Chapter 34

"He said that his body…doesn't react to me because of the mark," I whisper to Greece, who can't keep her snorting in control.

After I got back to the basement, I went to ask the kitchen if they needed help, but they shooed me away, and Mateo said I'll only be in the way. Then I found Greece lying around in one of the beds we made. She heard the same retorts from everyone.

I tried not to speak about whatever happened with Harwal, but I needed an outside perspective. My thoughts started to spiral into madness again. It was a mistake, clearly.

"Tell me more about you humping him," she whispers with a laugh.

I scowl. I blurted it out. I should've taken that shit to my grave. "Stop that. You know I'm mortified."

Greece snorts. "I can't fucking imagine how it would look."

"Stop trying to imagine it," I hiss and smack her arm. "Could you try to focus? Isn't everything going forward too fast?"

Greece wipes her eyes with another chuckle. "Just go with it. What's the worst that could happen? If he's touching you even though he finds it disgusting, isn't that a good thing?"

"How the hell is that good? It's like I'm using him."

"You?" She looks me up and down. "Use that bull? You're mad, lady. I mean, props to you if you can have a little wank with his leg. Too bad you can't have the third one—right?" She snorts loudly.

"Fuck you."

"Someone should," she says with a wistful smile.

"Can't you be serious for one moment?"

"Nah, I mean, what's your problem anyway?"

I frown. "Haven't you been listening?"

"Yeah, you're bragging," she says with a roll of her eyes. "The dude's instincts tell him to fuck off, but he still wants you. Like what the fuck do you want? Like, come on — if that isn't flattering, what is?"

I snap my mouth shut and scrunch up my brow. Is it? "But…he's disgusted by me."

Greece rolls her eyes again and scoffs. "Dude, get your head checked. You're insane. I'd do anything for someone who wants me for me and not my bod."

"I…that's a good point. I guess I'm thinking too much again," I mumble and sigh in my hands. "I really am dense, aren't I?"

Greece looks at me with a dull expression and shrugs one shoulder. "You're an idiot head over heels for a dude. Can't you give me some slack? I'm so lonely I'm ready to go bang those brothers—hold up, that's a great idea. I mean I'm certainly tired of this conversation." She props up on her elbows and grins widely. "Think they'll go for it?"

I give Greece a sceptical look. Leave it to her to get off the rails. "They're brothers… that's kind of fucked up, isn't it?"

Greece blows raspberries and sits up. "They're aliens, who knows what they're into, right?"

I sigh and shake my head. "Can't you just choose one?"

"Nah." Greece's smile grows wider. "That's no fun."

"Hey, you can do whatever you want," I say, lifting my hands up. "Just be careful, okay?"

She scoffs and bounces up. "I'm going to everything but. You know where they at?"

I shake my head and grab her hand as she's about to leave. "Seriously. Be careful."

"What are you afraid of? I'm just gonna have sex."

"What if that's not all they want?"

Greece lifts her lip in disgust. "Yuck. I know how they look at me. That's pure lust." She shrugs off my hand and gives me a little wave. "I'll be off now. Don't look for me."