Chapter 21

Oh boy, this can't be good. We said that Harwal is a bad choice for this goddamn thing. He stands out like a sore thumb.

"Cronus is fine. He follows my orders well," I say, continuing with my whiny tone. "What do you even mean he's not normal!"

I try to look at Harwal with pleading eyes, but he's not even looking at me. This is a fucking disaster if we get caught here already.

"My Candy! I hear you came!" A familiar nosy voice calls behind me and I spin in my heels with a bright smile.

"Dr. Murrow!" Thank the heavens. The small purple Tiran with a black coat quickens his steps to me and hugs my legs. His face burrows between my thighs and sniffs loudly. I want to gag, but I smile instead and stroke the tips of his pointy ears.

"It's been so long since I've seen you," I say with a seductive tone and brush my hand on his bald head. "I've missed you."

"My Candy," he whispers and takes another whiff. "What are you doing in this room?" He finally releases me and looks around. "What is the meaning of this?"

The Atorus guards stiffen at Murrow's high-pitched screech. "Doctor, the bodyguard slave-"

"Is approved!" Murrow screeches again, then he looks behind me. "Ah, but 'tis a fine specimen of a Zohra... release it," he mutters, looking oddly excited.

"They said something is wrong with him," I say with a pout and keep sliding my hand on his coarse head. "Is it true? Did I waste my credits?"

"No, no, my lovely Candy, this is amazing," the Tiran says. He snaps his fingers and rolls his wrists so the Atorus' get into action and release Harwal's handcuffs.

Murrow's head tilts up comically as he watches Harwal rise. His black beady eyes practically glimmer. "I have something to request of you, my dear Candy," he says with a breathy voice.

I don't like the sound of that. "Shall we go to your office, doctor?" I ask, and offer my hand for him to grab on. He clasps my hand and nods. He keeps looking back at Harwal every now and then as we walk through the white, dusty hallways.

It takes a long while to walk to his office, he wobbles from side to side with his feet tapping the ground twice my speed.

Murrow is of the rarer ones of his kind that speak more fluently, and not choppily, like most species do. He's also one of those Tiran's who hate taller species even mentioning his height. He hates if someone tries to lower themselves to his height, he hates if you slow your steps, and so on. But for some odd reason he loves to be babied, mostly only when we're alone.

We get to his 'office', which is a large room with one gigantic king-sized bed and three doors. And for his little quirk of peeping, one wall is completely mirror. A double sided one.

Murrow spins around and waves his hand, indicating to Harwal to come closer. "Don't kneel," he says.

Harwal looks at me and I nod carefully. I'm not really sure what's going on inside the little purple man's head.

Murrow walks around Harwal, looking at him up and down. "This is such a fine specimen of a Zohra. Never seen such a big one," he mumbles and pokes Harwal's calf. "It just so happens that I've been testing a new drug. I've tested it multiple times on my pets. The upper management caught wind of it. They thought that..." his voice drifts as he looks at me again.

I keep smiling and tilt my head forward to indicate I'm paying attention. This is what I forgot. I forgot that Gurk informed me about them testing some new drugs. It's really bad that Murrow is one of the creators of this new thing, this could end badly.