Hirathe

The Terminus inked its obsidian dark skin through forbidden space. The crews maned their guns despite only being there in promised peace.  The wolf like men patrolled freely up and down its halls.

Clad in full body armour, their still humanoid looks were covered by their new wolf like helmets. As most of the crew was becoming aware of who had rescued them, life long friends were now in no short supply.

"This ring world system was used by many tribes of Genesis and Exodus vessel's. My Grandparents were from both vessel classes..." He brought his smiling eyes away from the screen and looking at his crew he noticed this was significant-

"Yes i grew up on Thorium." His words hung like 20 foot marquee letters. Thorium was like the Atlantis of the ancient earth. The fact that Mia and Zephyr didn't know this exposed a huge hole of knowledge. As it was only about him; even they were curious.

A hub of ancient civilizations, art, music and history. All wrapped around a ring world that spun in a orbit of a large star. The centre of the universe as it was then known.

Mia and Zeph looked at each other because perhaps they couldn't think it fast enough.

"How do we not know this about you?" He frowned slightly and responded.
"I thought you guys knew everything?" Resuming his smile and looking to the screen he said;

"Do you think we should go down and check out my old city?" He re-engaged his helmet.

It was becoming rare that he had the upper hand in knowledge. He, out of all the hunters the empire had enrolled in Compulsory Service; refused the mind wipe. As no one besides the Emperor had ever refused it; they permitted it. Under the provision that he didn't mention it to another person. At the time it seemed reasonable.

The Empire had been doing this for years for various reasons. 'To harm' was never one of them. At times; some memories were removed or edited. This was Creds reasoning in not wanting his memories affected.

"Nector" MATTHEW MATAS was never of noble blood. But; he was the first project the Exodus Vessel had produced. Few knew this yet these thoughts were on Creds mind. They went back farther as he knew The man and the Jager-Nector.

His early life was on Urth maintaining the order and peace. Working as a Station commander.  It was When he failed to age like the rest of the crew, he became more aware of his responsibilities. Matthew would be the only successful human clone hybrid they would ever make. The technology used to create him; would be used in various labs throughout the galaxy. If For Ill intent remains unknown.

When a Noble group of bounty hunters allied themselves with the new human colony; Matthew stood out among the crowd.

He would outlive his human engineers. He became a Bounty Hunter of the Mixed hunter Clan.

As their minds caught up to the information dump that was Creds active thoughts; they found some perspective previously deducted from the Hunter.

Looking towards the females he stated; " The enigma is standing by."

Cred waited for their response. He smiled as they nodded "...ready for spot to spot transport."

Zephyr moved closer to Cred and eyeballed him up. "Always with the secrets... I want to say is I knew it...I mean, my memory is shot- but I knew there was more to the story-" A high pitched chime sounded and they Appeared in a flash light on The Enigma.

Mia Sitting in the chair smiled ear to ear. "This vessel is yours." She stood and vacated The Middle seat.

Looking now at Cred; "You may as well; I can almost see my old driveway." He laughed, Shaking his head;
"This is your Command and Vessle." He Bowed before her. "Ill provide only the location."

Smugly she channeled an innermost teenage quip,  "You know Nector asked that we stay out of trouble before we left;" Zephyr said in a mumble. "Can't help but think this might get "trouble like"' real fast." She air quoted.

"I'm aware." Cred said in a monotone.
"So if anyone gets hurt;" The Vessel roared to life and seamlessly left the docking bay.  Mia without looking where she was flying herself watched the two humans sarcastically annoy each other.

"Bla bla bla- got it." Cred nodded in exasperated agreement.

"I'm going to blame Nector if any one gets hurt ok Zypher? Would that make you feel better?" He chuckled.

"And if it did Lieutenant?" She mentioned his rank knowing he had no ego to burn.
She chuckled in exaggeration.
"Well good. I'm super happy for you mamm." He said in a stressful monotone.
They had meshed into a team. No egos. No feeling. No values besides the mission.

The Enigma lowered its landing struts and made contact with a highway like section of this world.

"We can Anti-grav the rest of the way." He marked a spot on their HUDS. The airlock cycled.

The surface of the planet consisted of fallen towers of a modern civilization. Living habitats, schools, homes- all destroyed. Centuries older were the craters and holes shattered through the ring world.

Hopeless would be a good word to use. But; it wasn't that.

The planet had taken back as much as a synthetic ring world could. Plants had overgrown everything. Even hiding where nuclear power had etched shadows into the walls. This did not go unnoticed.

Thorium was fought over, raided and eventually nuked. It was the first time in history nuclear power had been used to kill. It wasn't a topic for discussion. Not even for some one that lived here.

Cred stood alone looking over the tattered highway that began to wind upwards and into the sky. The large carcass of Thorium had reached putrefaction. Whatever was left here; they didn't really want.

Gritting his jaw he bowed his head lower and engaged his antigravity device. Much like a jet pack. This thruster system was imbedded into the back of the armour.

The women followed slightly behind. Mia and Zypher both rolled wildly and created spiralling trails in the atmosphere. Cred rolled and could see he was at the centre of it. 

Felling the need for speed, he dumped some more energy into his Antigravity's engine. A blue flash and spurting flames popped from Creds back as he roared towards the ground.

Flight and most suit ability's ultimately come from the owner;likely as his personal energy was depleting, the particle activated to replenish his cells. It would appear a powerful spike in his body's cell blew his antigravity unit apart.

Zephyr and Mia had no need for antigravity- they created their own.

Finding his body amongst the rubble of a large tower; together they retrieved his body. His Armour had already began repair and upgrading its power components. Not only did the armour protect. It learned what it needed to succeed.

"I doubt he meant to use his abilities." Mia mumbled as she grabbing on to his body.

"The Omega particle has doubled again. Which means the Ember particle has tripled." Zephyr said looking him over. She paused as a pregnant worry sat in her heart.

"How long Zee?" Mia asked softly and used a private name.

Frowning, she looked at her friend. "I don't know." She looked down at the nearly repaired Cred.

Slowly he stood on his feet. Grumbling he brushed off his chest piece. "See what happens when you start to messing around." He laughed ignoring the occasional rippling energy falling from his fists. It looked like burning sweat.

He hesitated as he watched his cells sluff and fall. He chortled quietly.

It would appear, flight had induced the deadly burning of his cells. How long he had to live was unknown.

Glancing at the women, he nodded and stepped towards where he was leading them. "It's this way..." freezing he looked around; "well- I think. Feels more...like Hirathe this way... yea... lots of it...this way." His voice shook somewhat as he said those words softly as he rejoined ancient history.