Five

Five year old Juanita tears up as she watched her mother, surrounded by three men on her knees, "You see that, TT...? You mother ain't nun but a lil hoe. Suckin dick for crack and pocket change, ain't that sad?" Her father figure questions. Juanita trembles violently as the men she was pleasuring relieve themself on her mother, "Shi sad, ain't it? Don't end up like her." He says, ruffling her hair.

13 year old Juanita was confused and wondering who these random men were in her room, "Do you love your mother, Nita?" Juanita's mother asks

13 year old Juanita was confused and wondering who these random men were in her room, "Do you love your mother, Nita?" Juanita's mother asks. Juanita trembles a little a nods almost instantly. She loves her mother whole heartedly. No matter what career the woman was pursing. Her mother flashes a broken smile, "Remember what I taught you? These men are... going to help us, ok?" Once Juanita realized what was happening, she started to hyperventilate a bit, "Mama?" She says in disbelief. Her mom quickly closed the door, as to not take in her daughter's betrayed and almost broken face as she let the four men do whatever they wanted to her innocent daughter so she could get her fix and some extra money.

Juanita gently dapped the alcohol covered cotton ball on a long scratch that was across your cheek making you hiss a little and tighten your grip on Juanita's waist, "It's ok..." She says quietly, placing at least three bandaids on the scratch before tugging your shirt above your head, cringing at the purple bruises that were littered all over your body. Juanita bites her lip, "Do you need any ice? These bruise are bad, baby..." She says, her tone never wavering. You shook your head and limped out of the bathroom. Rashida sat on your chair, still looking away from you.

If you were being honest, this was the first time the girls ever saw you as angry as you were today. Yeah, they've seen you mad, but you were angry this time. Almost as if you were a different person. Just as you sat down, your father peeps his head inside of the room. He had bags under his eyes and he seemed almost completely out of it and broken but he looked over at you with that fatherly worry in his eyes.

You smile a little, "I'm ok, dad." You assured the depressed man. It took him awhile to take his eyes off of you, still worried but eventually he nodded wordlessly before continuing his trek downstairs. You blew a breath and shifted to where you could lay down. You hated the fact that Rashida was ignoring you, "D..." You muttered softly. Rashida glances at you. The worry was evident in her eyes but also the anger, "Princess, come here." You muttered. Rashida stands up and walks over to you. You pay the bed next to you making her tear up slightly and get in the bed, instantly curling up under you.

You hated seeing Rashida and Juanita sad. That was the last thing you wanted. You felt your heart break a little more when you felt Rashida's body trembling.

She was crying.

Ignoring all of your pain, you wrapped your arms around Rashida, "Hey hey, I'm ok. You don't have to cry, D." You say softly. Juanita steps out of the bathroom with her eyes down cast. You looked up and waved the girl over. Juanita walks over to you and gets in the bed as well, "Rashida was worried seeing you fight those dudes." She states, letting you wrap your arm around her. Rashida nods, "That shit was scary, Y/n... they got so many hits on you before Trayvon and Devontae jumped in. You didn't have to do that, it wasn't that serious." She says shuddering a bit.

You shook your head, "But it was though. Man, when I saw the look on you and Nita face, I wasn't finna let that shit slide, the fuck a look like?" You snapped quietly. Juanita shakes her head, "It wasn't nothing we haven't heard before, Y/n... because that's exactly what we are. We're children of prostitutes." She says softly. You scowled, "That still doesn't give that nigga the right to speak on y'all name, insinuating that y'all anything like y'all mama!" You snapped again, before calming down slightly, remembering who you were snapping at, "It ain't right, Nita. And I don't give a fuck what I gotta do to get that point across, ain't nobody gon talk bad about you two in my presence."

Both Juanita and Rashida flashed unreadable expressions before moving impossibly closer to you. You winced a little but brushed it off seeing how comfortable and content your two girls were at the moment, "Ima protect y'all. You said it yourself Nita that you two feel safe with me." You say. Both girls nodded and didn't say anything. They just sat there in a slightly comfortable silence. You also mentally groaned, knowing you were going to be bored at home for two weeks.