Seven

A/n finna create more drama to prevent this from becoming a short story

Juanita hadn't felt this confused since she admitted to taking a stronger liking to girls back when she was 14. On one hand, her feelings for you were strong, very strong. On the other, her feelings for Rashida grew by the passing days, "Maybe you like both of them, Nita." Bobby states quietly, drinking his coffee. Juanita knew Bobby wasn't exactly the best person to talk to about her problems as he was almost certainly certified slow, but he was a good ear. And good at keeping secrets, "That's not possible tho." Juanita snaps in the same tone. Bobby shrugs, "I don't knoww," He starts in a high pitched voice, "There are many people that are attracted to two people AND that date two people." Bobby points out.

Juanita shrugs, "Don't you think that's a lil weird?" She asks. Bobby points a tiny black straw at the dark skin girl, "Don't you think both you and Rashida touchin n suckin on Y/n a lil weird?" Juanita opens her mouth to retort but decides to close it, "It's just... I don't know. These feelings for Rashida just came out of nowhere and... and it's weird." She says honestly.

Bobby hums, "Is it because you protected her?" Juanita freezes up, "Because you two had only had each other for a certain part of your years? Is it because every time you look at her, you see the little girl you spent four years of your younger life trying to save? Trying to shield from the pain that you went through? Giving her something that she never had?" He presses. Juanita looks down, "Well, news flash, Nita. You're not younger any more. Both you and Rashida are more in touch with your hormones and it's only normal that she develops some sort of attraction to you. She feel safe with you, dawg. Girls like that, you already know, you the same way with Y/n." Bobby says,

"Let Rashida love you the way you startin to love her." Juanita blinks, "Nigga, when did you get so damn smart?" She asks. Bobby scoffs, "Please, I got that off of a movie." He says making Juanita choke on a laugh, "Anyways... maybe you right, Bobby. Maybe I should. But, it won't be that easy..." Juanita mutters quietly.

You stared into space, looking at your lamp that lit up dimly on your desk

You stared into space, looking at your lamp that lit up dimly on your desk. Something shifted between Juanita and Rashida, you could tell. They were a little more... tense around each other. They still had their chemistry, but they were distant. You couldn't really be talking because you were slowly starting to distance yourself away from them too. Not intentionally though, you just didn't know where you stood with the duo. Your friendship with them shifted tremendously and they could tell.

All of you could tell.

Both Rashida and Juanita looked at each other, "We gotta talk about this at some point." Juanita says quietly, thankful that you had on your headphones. Rashida shook her head, "There's nun to talk about. I said what I said." She says, looking away from the darker skin girl with a slight mug. Rashida was reverting back to her facade and Juanita didn't like that, "Listen, you can play hard around them otha bitches at that fuck ass school, but you gon drop it with me." She snaps angrily.

You discreetly glanced up at Rashida and Juanita. They looked angry and angry people made you nervous.

Rashida huffs, "Why do you fucking care so much? You didn't say it back!" She says, her voice cracking a bit. Rashida wasn't one to cry, so Juanita felt her chest get heavy but she kept her cool, "Say what back?" She asks, trying to pretend like she didn't know. Rashida scoffs, "Ok, Juanita." She says. The dark skin girl furrows her eyebrows, "Ok what? Fuck you want me to say, huh?! I love you too?!" She asks. Rashida stares hard at Juanita, "Yes!" She shouts, "You had no problem sayin it before! Fuck is so different now?!" Rashida asks. Juanita let out a shaky sigh, "We gon talk bout this later, Rashida." She says, completely shutting down.

Rashida flashes a sarcastic smile, "Yea, ok. Fuck outta here." She says, muttering the last part before grabbing her backpack. Your eyes darted up, "You gone, D?" You asked quietly. Rashida cuts her eyes at you, "Yeah. Bye." She says simply. You felt yourself frown slightly. You can't remember the last time Rashida had been that cold to you. It hurt bad. You couldn't explain the feeling, it felt like your heart dropped to your feet and got stepped on multiple times.

Rashida storms out of the front door, finally letting herself tear up. Emotions, she hated emotions yet she was emotional. Feelings, she hated them too. They showed up and showed out and destroyed every relationship she has. From her mother to her brothers, to her sisters and now the two she considered best friends. Juanita rejected her. Even if it wasn't word of mouth, it was her actions.

"We gon talk about it later, Rashida."

Juanita always said that. Everytime something bothered her, everytime something pissed her off and even now, with this situation. And, funny thing is...

Juanita never talked about it later.

Pretty soon, Rashida felt a rain drop on her nose. Few seconds later, another one fell onto her ear. Not even a minutes later, it started to poor down raining. Rashida blew a harsh breath, glad that her house wasn't far. She didn't rush though, she walked in to rain. Almost like one of those depressed characters on a tv show. When things didn't go their way or when someone hurt them.

Yeah that.

Rashida felt her vision get blurry. She knew she was close to crying, but she wouldn't let them fall. She couldn't let them fall... but she did. One choked cry escaped her throat. She stopped just a few feet from her house and leaned down, putting her hands on her knees and just... cried. At that moment, she didn't care who saw. She was hurt, and fed up. Everything weighing on her brain and mind came flooding out. She just cried.

But this time, no one was there to comfort her.

A/n
Broken families breed broken people. Broken trust builds insecurities and trust issues. Not knowing what love is makes you scared of it. Every action has an opposite or equal reaction. It's a cause and effect thing and you'll see that more in this book.