Chapter 5: Tragedy

3rd POV. Elsa's Room, Arendelle Castle.

Within a few months after Aesc became a knight, it doesn't mean that his duties as Elsa's magical instructor is not over.

One day, Aesc is teaching Elsa to control her power via focus.

Aesc: Okay, milady. Here's what you're going to do.

Aesc is holds up a beautiful rose to Elsa.

Aesc: I want you to slowly freeze this rose. As intricate as possible.

Elsa: Huh?

Watching them are King Agnarr, Queen Iduna, and Melusine.

Elsa: You want me to freeze this rose in an intricate manner?

Aesc: Yes.

Elsa: How am I going to do that?

Melusine: It's a focus training, Princess.

Melusine: Focus is a huge factor when controlling your powers. This training is to highlight your focus.

Elsa: Um, any tips on how will I accomplish this?

Aesc: Clear your mind. Do not think of anything else except just focus on the rose and slowly freeze it in an intricate layer of ice.

Elsa: I-I'll try.

Aesc: Good. Now, take a deep breath.

Aesc comes close with the rose in hand.

Aesc: Ready when you are.

Elsa: *inhale* *exhale*

Elsa: I'm ready.

Aesc hands the rose to Elsa as the latter touches the rose and when her fingertips touched the stem of the rose, it instantly frose the entire flower, encasing it in solid ice.

Elsa: *gasp*

Elsa instantly backed away from fear as she realized what happened. Her parents and Melusine grew worried.

Melusine: Her powers are growing much stronger to the point that her emotions aren't in control.

Elsa is starting to panic when suddenly, Aesc used his power to thaw the rose which was evident by emanating the rose with a warm golden light.

Aesc slowly approached the ice princess and calmed her down by holding her hands.

Aesc: Elsa, please, calm down. There's always the second try. Didn't I tell you that the more you try, the more you can grasp on what you should need to do.

Elsa calms down when she saw Aesc's reassuring smile.

Elsa: Y-Yeah, right.

However, the king and queen suddenly gasp when they saw ice slowly creeping on to Aesc's hands.

Melusine gets on her protective stance in front of the monarchs, preparing for something that might happen.