Chapter 11: The Calm

3rd POV. Elsa's Ice Palace.

Elsa decided to move Aesc into a different room in her ice palace, for his safety.

Elsa: He's not yet waking up.

Elsa: Yet the butterflies of light is still surrounding him.

Elsa noticed that a faint golden gleam is present on Aesc's chest.

Elsa: It seems like his power is subconsciously countering my magic.

Elsa: It must be his healing magic at work, but.....since Aesc is unconscious, his body needed to maintain the flow of magic or else....

Elsa: I need to find a way to at least alleviate his pain.

Elsa then noticed Aesc's sword and scabbard also emitting a faint glow.

Elsa: Wait, that's his sacred sword. Maybe......

Elsa carefully removes the sheathed sword from Aesc's uniform and saw that the scabbard is the one emitting the radiant light.

Elsa: The scabbard......wait, I think I heard Melusine talking about this to Aesc one time.....

------------

Flashback.

As Elsa is finished of her magic training today, Aesc was about to dismiss himself, until Melusine entered the room.

Aesc: Sis? What's wrong?

Melusine: I wanted to discuss about something and that is something that's been bugging me around ever since then.

Aesc: Okay.....then.....

Melusine: No, here is fine.

Elsa: Is it fine for me to be here as well?

Melusine: Yes. Maybe you should know it too Elsa.

The three of them took their own seats as Melusine began.

Melusine: Aesc, you have your sacred sword, right?

Aesc: Yes. Why?

Melusine: Your father, King Arthur, gave you not just one heirloom.....but two.

Aesc: Two? You mean besides Excalibur there is another heirloom?

Melusine: In fact, they are always together.

Melusine: Can you manifest Excalibur with its sheathe?

Aesc: Sure.

Aesc reached out his hand and summoned a sheathed Excalibur.

Melusine: All right.

Melusine: Aesc, as you know, the Sacred Sword, Excalibur is a sword forged within the Inner Sea of the World.

Melusine: That is located on the Heart of Paradise, the Lake of Avalon.