Dead

A clock with birds and leaf designs is shown as a bird pops out the little door cuckooing. Then the green stone fire place is shown before the log bursts into flames as they burn. Then the front door slowly opens with a creek as the family walk in soaked from head to toe.

"Perfect start to our vacation."Barbara says as her shoes make a squishing sound as she walks along the floor.

Tracey walks forward with an annoyed look on her face she wasn't planning on getting wet today. Adam walks along beside Barbara "well you'll feel better when you're dry honey."he says to his wife.

The three walk over to the burning fire place Barbara was confused"that fire wasn't burning when we left"she says.

"How's your arm and your leg"Adam asked Barbara and Tracey worried.

"I don't know it feels frozen what about you honey"she asked Tracey who shrugs her shoulder "I don't know it just feels frozen and cold"soon they all kneel in front of the fire as they hold their hands out in front of the fire to get warm. When all of a sudden the fire jults out as they jump back that wasn't normal. Tracey then noticed that her Mom's hand with wide eyes "uh mom"she says causing Barbara to look over at her daughter confused before Adam holds up her hand that has fire on two of her fingers.

She stares at it wide eyed before blowing the flames out on her hand as they all sit there in silence. Out side the house the sun was setting as a reddish sky is shown. The family looked dryer then what they were before.

"I'll make some coffee and tea while you get the wood for the fire Tracey why don't you help your farther"Barbara says while Adam was thinking.

Tracey nods her head"sure mom"she says with a smile.

Adam shakes his head "maybe we should just take things extra slow. Do y'all remember how we get back up here? "He asked confused before walking to the front door that was still opened "I'm going to go back down to the bridge and retrace our steps"he says before he walks down the steps but when he got down it was like he was in a different world.  There was sand everywhere with a bluish background with some weird looking rocks everywhere when a loud growling sound is heard nearby as he looks around confused.

Before going wide eyed when when something very huge was moving straight towards him as Sand goes flying every where when he is pulled up back at the house by Barbara and Tracy it was already night "y'all saved my--"he says before noticing there freaked out expressions.

"Two hours"Barbara says with wide eyes.

"Barbara, tracy. Y'all are not going to believe--what"he says before looking at her confused at the last part"that's how long you were gone."Barbara says before she and Tracey pull him back inside the house but Adam was still confused"what is going on"he asked them as they bring him to the living room"we have to show you something."

Tracey walks ahead she was scared before her mom showed they had no reflection what so ever as she demonstrates with a horse of many that was on the mantle. Tracey walks over to the book she found "that's not the only thing dad"she says gaining her farthers attention before a close up of the book is shown. It was a thick brown book with the title: handbook for the recently deceased: as two people where shown in front of the sky holding hands.

Adam picks up the book"handbook for the recently diseased"he reads the title wrong."deceased"Barbara corrects him as they where all surrounded in silence.

"We don't know where it came from look at the publisher"Barbara says while Tracey sits down on one of the chairs as her farther flips through the book"handbook for the recently deceased press"her father reads while she was slowly coming to terms on what this could mean. They didn't survive that crash at all.

While her parents were in there room trying to figure out this book and with everything going on. Tracey was in her room as she lays on her bed staring at the ceiling. She was dead it was as simple as that there was so much she wanted to do do before her death like become a teacher that helps kids in all ages and etc. Tears build up in her eyes as she turns on her side realizing that now she won't be able to make her dream come true as she stares out the window as a tear slides down the side of her face.