A new member

The baby's arrival date was coming closer. Since Subhadra insisted on having the baby born in Indraprasth, the Ashtabharya (8 wives of Krishna) came over at Indraprasth to take extra care of her. Subhadra was barely able to move, but could now feel kicks of the baby every now and then.

One fine day, all the Pandavas were in the court as Krishna had come over. They were to discuss stratergies to expand their kingdom. Draupadi and Kunti were with the kids. Subhadra had been sleeping. A sharp pain in her stomach made her eyes fly open. "Ah....ahhh!!" She screamed. The eyes of the maids outside her chamber grew wide with alarm when they heard her.

They rushed to inform all about Subhadra, who was now in labour.

A maid frantically asked permission to enter Draupadi's chamber where the latter and Kunti were seated. "Princess Subhadra had gone into labour" said the maid, worried. When she uttered those words, Kunti and Draupadi dropped whatever they were doing and rushed to Subhadra's chamber, instructing the maid to take care of the children.

The news reached Rukmini as well, and they too, left for Subhadra's chamber, while telling the maids to make arrangements for the delivery.

The entire palace was in a frenzy. A dasi gatecrashed the court. "What are you doing here ?" Came a stern question from Yudhishthir. "Pardon me Maharaj, Princess Subhadra has gone into labour." Everyone's eyes widened with surprise. She went into labour before the due date ?

They all rushed to her room (like everyone) and stopped outside. Arjun wanted to go inside but Yudhishthir stopped  him. Everyone could hear Subhadra's screams. Parth almost went hysterical hearing them.

Draupadi and Kunti opened the door and went inside, followed by a long line of dasis, carrying stuff. All the dudes just watched them go in, which were followed by the Ashtabharyas. Krishna hid behind Arjun when he saw them. Satyabhama glared at Krishna. Despite himself, he smiled. Krishna. He can make anyone's worries fly away in a second.

But soon, he hears Rukmini's desperate voice - " She's losing a lot of blood !!" When he heard that, Nakul rushes in. He yells from outside a ridiculous name of some medicine, which Sahadev runs to find. Soon, he comes back with a red plant and gives it to Nakul, who skilfully grinds it and gives it to Rukmini.

After a few minutes

Satyabhama's voice rings in the air - "It has stopped" Arjun could hear Kunti cooing and his heartbeat increased to a million. A gentle tapping could be heard, and soon, a baby's crying voice was heard. Everyone started congratulating Arjun and soon Satyabhama marched outside and gave the baby to Arjun, who cradled it in his arms. Kunti was always the most excited one during this.
"Look ! His eyes are mischievous, intelligent and mature like his mother and mamashree, and the rest looks just like you did when you were a baby !"

Arjun had tears of happiness in his eyes. He gave the baby to Krishna, and that's when the Saubhadrey laid his eyes for the first time on the Blue Lord. He lifted his tiny fingers and touched Krishna's peacock feather, which adorned his crown. A mischievous smile spread across his face as he stuck his fingers in his mouth.

"Oh he's a Yadava, all right." Krishna said proudly, at which he burst out laughing. "I would like to see him now. Or is there an appointment to see my child ?"  Came a voice from inside, which sounded irritated. Subhadra was anxious to see her baby, whom she had been carrying for nine months. She's the mother, and apparently she's the last one to see her son.

"She sounds angry. Go take him with you Arjun." Saud Bheem. He couldn't take his eyes off his brother's cherubic baby though. Arjun took his baby inside proudly, with everyone following.

As soon as the baby laid his eyes on his beautiful mother, he giggled and cooed. Subhadra had been afraid of taking care of babies, as she has no experience, but surprisingly, she was able to be a mother with ease. At least right now. (Teenagers are th worst. BTW, I myself am a teenager.)

Subhadra placed the baby next to her, with a protective arm under him. Yudhishthir asked, "So...who's going to name him ?" "Brata." "Madhav." Came his answers.

"Well that looks decided." Said Nakul. "So Vasudev, what is our little nephew going to be named ?" Krishna, smiling, picked up his nephew and held him against the sunlight. "As the son of Subhadra, he shall be called Saubhadrey and Subhadranand. As the son of Arjun, he shall be called Arjuni, Phalguni and Arjunatmaja. He shall be called Janmavira, the one who us brave from birth. The amount of power wielded in Arjun's bow, shall be wielded in his bow from a young age. He will be known as Arjunpara for this, the one who is equal in valour to Arjun, no matter his age. He shall be his mother's boy, he will love his father till no end, and will have a special spot for his mamashree. He will be called Krishnasvarsriya, my nephew. The one with bull's eyes and long arms will be called Abhimanyu ! He is rare as he has the blood of the Kurus and Yadavas flowing through him. His name will be made immortal and the perfect example of bravery and skill. His archery skill will be unmatched, better than his father in fact. His power will be greater than Bheeshma, Drona, Karna among others. You both will not be remembered for your personal achievements, but for being Veer Abhimanyu's parents.  He'll be a special one Arjun and Subhadra, I'll promise you that." He added softly.

Both of them could not respond, they were too busy shedding tears of joy. At that moment, Abhimanyu became Arjun's pride. He was proud his son would be more powerful than him, in archery !! He will surely attain heaven then. "Abhimanyu" said both of the baby's parents at once. The baby hugged his mamashree and laughed .

Folks this was an adorable chapter. Uploaded late because I was researching the many names of Abhimanyu. The hero of the Mahabharata.

Signing Off,

Invisible Dragon.